Anyone able to identify this song

Thread: Anyone able to identify this song

Tags: None
  1. Zashko Zazzk said:

Default Anyone able to identify this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hmZHWzla7g

0:28

Looking for it for YEARS!
    Last edited by Zashko Zazzk; 01-06-2013 at 06:19 PM.

2. Fence Sitter said:

A bit of research points towards "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers Band. I found this same information at a number of different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Top Gear started in 1977 as a local programme made by the then BBC Midland Region (Pebble Mill) who offered it to the BBC2 network.[2][3] Presenters included Noel Edmonds, William Woollard, Sue Baker, Frank Page and Chris Goffey. The show's theme music was "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers Band, although remixed versions were used after 1999. For much of the original series' lifespan, Elton John's instrumental "Out of the Blue" (from the Blue Moves album) played over the closing credits. According to its original producer, David Lancaster, the idea for the name came from the unrelated radio series Top Gear.[4]

Mixalopoulos said:

Hi Fence, the track at 0:28 is definitely not Jessica by the Allman Brothers.
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

4. Fence Sitter said:

ops: No I don't happen to watch Top Gear that much. Thanks Mixalopoulos. So they used different music for the opening of this special, I just though maybe it was a small exert from the same track. However a thought struck me that the music, what little of it there was, sounded not at all from the 70's.

5. Zashko Zazzk said:

Well i knew jessica was the top gear theme (though it's been remixed for the newer ones XD).

Though still'd be neat to find out, the song is also the end credits and it's spine chillingly beautiful

Okay it VERY VERY resembles Lazy Summer Days by Vicki DeLor but this is a different version of it.
    Last edited by Zashko Zazzk; 01-10-2013 at 10:10 PM.

6. Zashko Zazzk said:

Okay this is a part of the tune right here, REALLY really please help :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh23X...ature=youtu.be

7. Asuyuka said:

Could be a cue courtesy of the Radiophonic workshop. =)

But definitely not Jessica. The Allman Brothers Band are rock, this is quite new age and dreamy, as it always was of the early 90's and late 80's. Quite pretty.

Again, my guess says its a cue from the Radiophonic. They were quite experienced with music composition.