Mirror [Short Prose]

Thread: Mirror [Short Prose]

Tags: None
  1. JeffOpium said:

Default Mirror [Short Prose]

The man in the mirror is meant to be a stranger, where I do not know him and he does not know me. If this balance is disrupted it will not end well for either of us. I hold this as fact and therefore I must never become him or he become me. This balance should remain. I know as I have faced the consequences of crossing over into the realm of "being one's self". It was pure, untamed suffering. Honestly in my opinion if you wish to truly unravel a smart man merely tell him to be himself. The mere thought of it should inflict upon them great pain. Something I became familiar with when it happened to be said to me. For you see any true intellectual knows with a great mind comes great pain, while ignorance truly is bliss. So when an intellectual is left to be them self they are stuck with their wisdom and their pain. So to one who is wise, they must already know how vulgar the advice "be yourself" truly is.

amaryn said:

This is a true labyrynth of thoughts and conclusions. I feel like reading Thomas Mann: every sentence needs to be read at least three times to
    sink into my consciousness,lol

However, great effort. Thanks for that!

curiosity_kills_the_cat said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    This is a true labyrynth of thoughts and conclusions. I feel like reading Thomas Mann: every sentence needs to be read at least three times to
    sink into my consciousness,lol

However, great effort. Thanks for that!
    Spot on, Amaryn. I was thinking of the Great Vermont Maze while reading through. Takes some digesting...