Other Side (New song)

Thread: Other Side (New song)

Tags: None

Experimentalist said:

Default Other Side (New song)

Hey guys, well the songs are flowing out of me this week, must be being stuck in my house and not the studio. HEre is my latest set of lyrics, don't worry and don't be sad, this is written about someone who I lost a long time ago now and not a recent loss but recent words though

Its so hard to see you off
    can't believe this day has come
    i wipe a tear from my eye
    and find the strength to say goodbye

ill never forget the things you said
    and the way you told me to hold my head
    up high, no matter what
    cus hell can't burn you if you're looking up

bridge

i cant believe im standing here
    on my own and you're not next to me
    i can't believe im standing here
    all alone and you're not next to me

chorus

i will see you on the other side
    and i will try to live my life
    day by day i know i will pull through
    cus i got all of my strength from you

verse 3

Its so hard to see you off
    can't believe this day has come
    i wipe a tear from my eye
    and find the strength to say goodbye
    Last edited by Experimentalist; 01-17-2013 at 06:15 AM.

Experimentalist said:

Or this one Doug?

Doug Denslowe said:

Like I said to Johnb, pain sometimes yields good art. This is a song I could easily hear being sung. Good one!

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Like I said to Johnb, pain sometimes yields good art. This is a song I could easily hear being sung. Good one!
    Doug, yep, song with a S and as I have mentioned on other poetry threads , feelings should always be dug out of the deepest graves: it's healthy as you said and Experimentalist has that courage. I am gonna follow what you write closely !
    Remember a band called Chicago, Doug and Experimentalist? These words remind me of them.
    However, Experimentalist, as a singer/guitarist I HATE above all to be compared to others so forget it straight away! What's your role in the band?

Doug Denslowe said:

Of course I remember Chicago.I even remember them as Chicago Transit Authority,before they shorten their name!How about dat?

amaryn said:

I would have taken you as my manager, Doug! You're so well informed!

Doug Denslowe said:

I'm still available!!

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    I'm still available!!

Shall I bring a recommendation by Janis, Rolling Stone and Jeff Beck with me,lol?
    Meeting on the Golden Gate, local Press invited

Sorry, Experimentalist and Rickey: invited too, of course, bring your DEMOS

Experimentalist said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Doug, yep, song with a S and as I have mentioned on other poetry threads , feelings should always be dug out of the deepest graves: it's healthy as you said and Experimentalist has that courage. I am gonna follow what you write closely !
    Remember a band called Chicago, Doug and Experimentalist? These words remind me of them.
    However, Experimentalist, as a singer/guitarist I HATE above all to be compared to others so forget it straight away! What's your role in the band?

I have never heard of Chicago the band, are they American? most of my favourite bands are English, barring The Strokes and New York City Dolls. My role in the band is guitarist and singer, we are only a 3 piece at the minute so I have a lot on! Looking at another guitarist in the very near future though....my friends not long signed a 6 album deal with Warner Bros and have had an album in the top 25 here in the UK, hoping to tour with them as soon as the new setup is complete

Doug Denslowe said:

E,
    Chicago was a band heavy into horns and were like the group Blood Sweat and Tears (after Al Kooper, the founder left) The only song I really liked by them (okay, they did grow on me due to tons of radio airplay) was "I'm A Man". They did the third best version after The Spencer Davis Group (Stevie Winwood's first band. He was 16 at the time) and, of course, The Yardbirds. Their version (Chicago) was great too, but check out all three, you decide.