No Heart Of Stone

Thread: No Heart Of Stone

Tags: None
  1. Debeaux said:

Default Deleted

Deleted
    Last edited by Debeaux; 02-07-2013 at 03:14 PM.

smoothtung said:

I love this piece, great rhyme scheme.. very hard to pull off without over using it but you worked it out. Impressive.

3. Debeaux said:

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it

Doug Denslowe said:

While googling "Heart of Stone" to see which Rolling Stones album it was on, I noticed that at least 8 other artists have already used this as a song title. Even Cher has a song named that. These are good lyrics but the title has been used many many times before.

5. Debeaux said:

Thanks Doug, I kind of thought that title had probably been used before, but I wasn't sure. Most of the lyrics that I have written I never took the time to title, so I've just been thinking up titles to post them. I'm open to suggestions, if anyone has an idea for a good title for anything that I have posted I would love to hear from them.

Doug Denslowe said:

"This Cold and Bitter Rain".Its in your lyrics,and I've never heard that before.That's a great title,in my opinion!

amaryn said:

I like the different ways you approach the issue "heart of stone", it leaves room for surprise. Very cleverly done, Debeaux!

amaryn said:

What about "Bitter cold rain"? It was a pop up in my mind this very moment, Debeaux.

9. Debeaux said:

Amaryn, I thought about adding another word and calling it No Heart of Stone. I liked Doug's suggestion of Cold and Bitter Rain, but that put me in the mind to write another song entitled, guess what. Let me know what you think of No Heart Of Stone. Thanks

10. Debeaux said:

I want to apologize to Doug for my comment to amaryn about writing a song entitled Cold and Bitter Rain. He is the one that suggested it would make a good title so he should be the one to use it. Sorry

Tania15 said:

This song is amazing. I wish I would have written it. As far as the title goes... I think Heart of stone was really good, but I don't recomend using it considering Doug's research. Bitter rain is good, but you only used that line once,so I don't know what to say. How about :"If I had a heart of stone"? As long as it is, I think it's nice. I can imagine that being the title of a slow,sad country song.

12. Debeaux said:

Thanks Tania, I thought about If I had a Heart of Stone and also No Heart of Stone, I like them both but I do think Cold and Bitter Rain would make a great title. I stated before that most of the stuff I've written I never titled so now I'm trying to come up with titles. Maybe I should have started with a title and then wrote the lyrics, lol

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Debeaux View Post
    I want to apologize to Doug for my comment to amaryn about writing a song entitled Cold and Bitter Rain. He is the one that suggested it would make a good title so he should be the one to use it. Sorry
    De,I took the line from your song above.The 6th line says:This Cold and Bitter Rain.It's all yours!(I do love this Title no doubt!!)

Johnb31 said:

I really like this good job! Made me think about my own relationship.
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

15. Debeaux said:

Doug, I decided go with No Heart Of Stone. As you pointed out tho Cold and Bitter Rain is a great title. I'd love to see what you can do with it.

Doug Denslowe said:

As long as I have your blessing,it'd be an honor to use this great Title!Thanks,I'll see what I can do!

Johnb31 said:

Wow I can't even explain how much this song makes me appreciate what I have. I mean I read these lines and its the same thing that goes through my mind periodically, I constantly go through this flow of thoughts but then in the end I realize I can't live without the person I love the most. Thank you for writing this song.
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

18. Debeaux said:

John, Thank you for such an awesome compliment. Really makes the effort worth while.

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by Debeaux View Post
    Indeed not , Debaux! I suggested "Bittercold rain". Never mind, "No heart of Stone" is alright with me.
    Now I await another great song of Doug!