Walking Shoes Blues

Thread: Walking Shoes Blues

Tags: doug denslowe song

Doug Denslowe said:

Cool Walking Shoes Blues

Usually I write the lyrics and figure out the melody later.Not so,on this song.At first glimpse it seems rather simplistic.It may be,but if sung with the gusto I've got in mind,it would move mountains.Here's what I had in mind;the line,"Walk On Down"is the overture,everybody would be singing and playing,hitting the "one"and "three"with semi-open hi-hat,snare smacking down hard!!The next line;sung/played by the lead vocals but with almost a whisper-ish fashion.You know,Contrasting lines.One hard and heavy,the next nice and cool.Hopefully some of you will get this!!

Walking Shoes Blues
    When I'm sick of
    T.V. News
    When I'm tired of
    Pills and booze

Look in the corner
    For my shoes
    Walk,walk,walk away
    Them blues

Walk On Down
    Everything will be all right
    Walk On Down
    Tomorrows just another day
    Walk On Down
    Just walk them blues away
    Walk On Down
    Just get yourself some walking shoes

When I'm tired of
    Paying those dues
    When I've got nothing
    Left to lose

Look in the corner
    For them shoes
    Walk,walk,walk away
    Them blues

Walk On Down
    Everything will be all right
    Walk On Down
    Tomorrows just another day
    Walk On Down
    Just walk them blues away
    Walk On Down
    Just get yourself some walking shoes

01/30/2013.
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 04-11-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

I'm glad you like it.This is one of those songs that really should be "played"rather than "read".If someone doesn't have the imagination it takes to "get"this,judges it only on "bare bone lyrics"I have a feeling you'll be one of the few that likes this.Who knows,I've been wrong before!Thanks for the kind words.
    (See Comment #8)
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 11-24-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Updating comments

amaryn said:

Doug, I didn't see an answer elsewhere , just here, don't know why... I replied especially noticing the verb "walk" (standing out) and I like to hear it as a blues. Definitely something John Lee Hooker would have put in his rep, for example.
    Thanks a million. It's still in my head,lol

4. Peter Both said:

These lyrics make me want to go hit the piano and hammer out some blues or gospel. The idea of the contrasting lines reminds me of gospel music with a lead sÍnger and a choir singing alternate lines. Right now I'm listening to Joe Cocker singing With a Little Help From My Friends. The part where the background vocalists sing "Do you need anybody", and Joe Cocker replies: "I need someone to love". Is that roughly the idea you have in mind, Doug? @RickeyJoe: I think you would make a fine Radio DJ!

amaryn said:

John Lee Hooker, Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker, guys, the names this product of Doug is bringing forward I'm sure you have reason to be proud, Frisco Friend of Mine

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Both View Post
    These lyrics make me want to go hit the piano and hammer out some blues or gospel. The idea of the contrasting lines reminds me of gospel music with a lead sÍnger and a choir singing alternate lines. Right now I'm listening to Joe Cocker singing With a Little Help From My Friends. The part where the background vocalists sing "Do you need anybody", and Joe Cocker replies: "I need someone to love". Is that roughly the idea you have in mind, Doug? @RickeyJoe: I think you would make a fine Radio DJ!
    Yes,that is the feel I was going for.I'm glad you got what I was trying to express.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    John Lee Hooker, Janis Joplin, Joe Cocker, guys, the names this product of Doug is bringing forward I'm sure you have reason to be proud, Frisco Friend of Mine
    I'm happy that a few of you "got"what I was going for.Yes,I am very proud.

Doug Denslowe said:

This reply,as was comment #2, no longer applies since Rickey Joe's remarks have been banned as he was.
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 11-24-2013 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Updating comment

Doug Denslowe said:

Up for second look..............