Let's count days until the Persian New Year

Thread: Let's count days until the Persian New Year

Tags: None

Enoo said:

Oops thanks it's corrected Yesss it's very very interesting and I totally love learning about it
    Even after all this time
    The Sun never says to the Earth
    « You owe me »
    Look what happens with a love like that
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

Enoo said:

Today the sun is shining in here and the air has a smell of Spring... which is coming so soooon now! ^^

I've never seen this before but on the picture it seems so tasty!

Silver Berry = سنجد = Senjed
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

Oh it's also sunny there?Niceeeeeeeeeeeee, I love sunny days!Our spring came so soooon,too..we didn't have any winter this year, our winter was too short!You live in Paris right?I really love visit Eiffel Tower one day
    Ah "Senjed" is sweet and when you put it in your mouth it's like there are lots of powder in it..It's a weird thing actually and don't know how to describe it

Enoo said:

No winter at all? You should have told me I would have sent you some snow ^^ I like sunny days, too No, I don't live in Paris But I love it, I've been in Paris many times and I still have so much things to see ^^ Nothing's like seeing it in real (on the night, it's very beautiful) but here is a website where you can see Paris in 360°, you can zoom and there are a frame with the main things to see at the right. There even are some easter eggs in it like funny people at their balcony but I haven't see them yet
    Senjed must be funny to taste, your description remembers me of a sort of candies I ate when I was young, they were sauced-shaped, with a sweet powder inside... I was completely addicted
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

Actually the climate in Tehran can vary from one place to another...for example the north part of Tehran is so cold and they have alway snow but the part that I live is quite warm and we had only some rains an a very thin layer of snow that melted right away
    Yes, at nights, the Eiffel Tower with all those shining lights is so magical....some days ago I bout a shirt with a picture of Eiffel Tower on it as a birthday present for my friend..It's really niceI'm sure she's gonna like it
    Oh how cooooooool,yeah I heard about that website before
    I guess that candy must taste better!I don't like "senjed" very much...it sticks in your mouth!!So you can only eat one or two

Enoo said:

Oh I didn't know there could be such different climates in the same town! So if you like warm and sunny days you live just in the good place in Tehran On the pictures of Tehran I always saw mountains on the background, I guess that's why the climate can be snowy on some parts and "melted-snowy" climate on other parts (I love mountains so I went check the name of them, The Alborz, sooooooo beautiful !)

Yes the "Tour Eiffel" by night is magical Actually the night lights make every places more magical ^^ But as cute as it is, I could spend more time indoors than outdoors because I love archeology and some museums house many collections of it, especially the Louvre. It's great that you knew this website!
    Ooooh that is a cool birthday present! ^^

Ahah if I try Senjed I'll told you if it tasted better. I don't remember it sticked in the mouth so yeah, maybe

Next word: Holy Book & Poetry = کتاب آسمانی و شعر = Ketab Asemani o Ketab Sher Hafez

(is it Hafez or Hafiz?)
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

Yeah, It's because the north part of Tehran is near the mountainI remember that my university was in the cold part and I used to wear lots of cloths and coat and gloves and everything and as I got home I had to take them off cause it was not that cold in our area
    Oh that famous mountain which is near Tehran is called "damavand"!=دماوند
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...jpg?uselang=fa
    http://www.savepasargad.com/New-0505...x/damavand.jpg
    http://al-khayrat.org/wp-content/uploads/damavand11.jpg
    I love the shape of Damavand very much!it's really beautiful
    Ah Louvre is a place that you should make sure to visit! yeah I'd love to visit it one day
    are there any Iranian in your city?then maybe near Norouz they bring and sell some senjed and this way you can taste it

Enoo said:

Oh I love your pictures, the Damavand is so majestic! Yeah it must be really beautiful to live near! Haha indeed it poses a clothing problem But in summer when it's too hot you can go get some cool air in the North of Tehran
    Mmh in my place, I don't think so, it's very small, but where I study, surely! That's a good idea I should check the markets & traditional shops to see if I can find some senjed and resolve the mystery of senjed's taste
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

Oh yeah in summer the weather is awesome up thereAnd because it's near mountain the air is also cleaner and nicer
    hahahahaha, wish you luck, then

Enoo said:

Oh but we are getting closer and closer to Norouz!!!! Is "Khoone takooni" soon finished? Chanta narenjo khoridi? Koja sa'at hast??
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss. Norouz is next week!!!I'm so excitedOh "khoone tekooni is not finished yet!This weekend is the last chance for us to finish it up, otherwise we have to leave the mess behind and go on vacation
    hahahaha, narenj? sa'at? nice, you're speaking very wellbut what are you exactly talking about?Did you wan to say "what time is it"??

Enoo said:

Haha, I would vote for going on vacation and leave the mess behind (Good luck for finishing ) I wanted to say something like "Did you buy some oranges (yet)? Where is the clock (= did you find it?) ?
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

Hahahaha, are man ham kamelan bahat movafegham!(=I totally agree with you!)...you know, we have always time foe doing "khoone takooni" but going on vacation is just rare!Oh I see, for saying "orange" you should say "Porteghal"=پرتقال ..."Narenj" is actually a fruit which is look like orange a bit but it's very sour and we don't eat it as a fruit,we use its sour juice in our food to give it some taste or when we 're eating our famous dish called "Kabab"() we pour its juice on "kabab" and it's gonna be so delicious:actually in our restaurant it's very common to put half of the "narenj" or lemon in every dish, so you can make your food a bit sour and tasty
    Chelo kabab :http://www.loghme.com/Image/News/201...70246015_l.jpg

Enoo said:

Yes going on vacation is a rare & precious thing! Enjoyyyy them! This is very interesting because as "narenja" is the Spanish word for orange I thought at first that it was the same fruit But in Greek it's "portokali", close root So maybe the etymology of the word "orange" comes from a confusion between the two fruits. ^^ Here we use lemon usually on fish, like you use narenj on kabab and on other dish. Hmm this seems very yummy
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

Wow che jaleb vaghean! aslan fekr nemikardam ke too zabane espaniyayi va yoonani ham in kalame bashe!(=Wow how interesting,really! , I never thought that this word exist in Spanish and Greek)Oh you use lemon,too? nice....here is very common to use lemon on fish
    (