Habibi Ya Eini Ishatar and Nancy

Thread: Habibi Ya Eini Ishatar and Nancy

Tags: None
  1. aice06 said:

Default Habibi Ya Eini Ishatar and Nancy

Hi, I would like to share with you 2 fav versions of this song one by Ishtar and one by the Great Nancy Ajram. Both are different but i love both version. Do check it out at my site http://arabicsoundz.blogspot.com

2. dbadaan said:

Ok I just want to say something here. I'm Lebanese born and Haifa and Nourhanne are singing IN Lebanese. THE SONG .... is Lebanese. Not Egyptian not Syrian and not Farsi!!! Although these translations are close It's NOT what she is saying. First of all there are words in Lebanese that can NEVER be translated into English with one word. They are describing emotions and feelings that were summed up into ONE word in Lebanese but would need not only a few sentences but an actual physical example JUST to be translated correctly. Example. Do you know the phrase "The apple of my eye" ? That would describe for instance a loved one to you. In this case, Habibi ya Eini is very similar to that except the word apple is not used, but the emotion BEHIND the words is. When said in English it STILL lacks a little bit of the 'emotion' in the actual phrase. I don't mean to confuse the issue but I'm just sayin....