Can someone please translate this for me?

Thread: Can someone please translate this for me?

Tags: None

Rainne said:

Default Can someone please translate this for me?

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : " الدنيا متاع، وخير متاع الدنيا المرأة الصالحة "

shokran kteer
    Love the one who accepts you for who you are.

2. firas said:

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : " الدنيا متاع، وخير متاع الدنيا المرأة الصالحة "

shokran kteer
    the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace - said: This world is enjoyment and the best of its enjoyment is a righteous(virtuous) woman

gbasfora said:

Quote Originally Posted by firas View Post
    the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace - said: This world is enjoyment and the best of its enjoyment is a righteous(virtuous) woman
    enjoyment : "the pleasure that you get from something" / "something that gives you pleasure". What kind of enjoyment is he talking about ? Can't be a man also an enjoyment to the woman ?
    Last edited by gbasfora; 03-30-2013 at 04:39 AM.

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by gbasfora View Post
    enjoyment : "the pleasure that you get from something" / "something that gives you pleasure". What kind of enjoyment is he talking about ? Can't be a man also an enjoyment to the woman ?
    متاع
    refers to worldly pleasures, they could be anything, whatever gives you joy
    i.e I tell my dad that handbags are my متاع الدنيا when he complains I have too many

Also it should be noted that woman in the case of the aforementioned hadith, is obviously his wife. Yes, obviously a man can be an enjoyment to his wife, but the aim of this saying was to put emphasis on the virtuous part

gbasfora said:

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    متاع
    refers to worldly pleasures, they could be anything, whatever gives you joy
    i.e I tell my dad that handbags are my متاع الدنيا when he complains I have too many

Also it should be noted that woman in the case of the aforementioned hadith, is obviously his wife. Yes, obviously a man can be an enjoyment to his wife, but the aim of this saying was to put emphasis on the virtuous part
    Thank you Viva. it's clear now and my متاع الدنيا are sport cars , beach houses , a big bank account ,good wines and foods , 5 stars hotels, first class travel and to gift Giorgio Armani and Prada handbags to my friends.

VivaPalestina said:

haha but they come nothing close to a good woman

and to gift Giorgio Armani and Prada handbags to my friends.
    My birthday's coming up soon George

gbasfora said:

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    haha but they come nothing close to a good woman

My birthday's coming up soon George
    As I have sport cars , beach houses and a big bank account so it's raining good women on me

The whole new collection of Versace handbags are already on the way. You deserve this pleasure ( متاع الدنيا )

8. mvnr2 said:

Thank you Viva. it's clear now and my متاع الدنيا are sport cars , beach houses , a big bank account ,good wines and foods , 5 stars hotels, first class travel and to gift Giorgio Armani and Prada handbags to my friends.
    i'd like to make u happy too, i want a BMW (remember i'm just trying to make u happy)

aila said:

Quote Originally Posted by mvnr2 View Post
    i'd like to make u happy too, i want a BMW (remember i'm just trying to make u happy)
    B first...

M...

W...

so George can save his money and give it to me instead

gbasfora said:

I'm happy when my friends are happy so please send me your password and bank account number by PM.As soon as I receive those data, the money to buy not only the BMW but also a red ferrari, will be transferred to your bank account. So do not waste your time. send data as quickly as possible and let's make ourselves happy.

gbasfora said:

Quote Originally Posted by aila View Post
    B first...

M...

W...

I have enough money to share among all my friends. So no need to fight buddies

12. mvnr2 said:

I'm happy when my friends are happy so please send me your password and bank account number by PM.As soon as I receive those data, the money to buy not only the BMW but also a red ferrari, will be transferred to your bank account. So do not waste your time. send data as quickly as possible and let's make ourselves happy.
    what do u need my password for?

WOW a red ferrari? that's very generous, i'd love a Bugatti Veyron too (remember, all for happiness)

Quote Originally Posted by aila View Post
    so i ask for a BMW aila and u give me 2 bears and a monkey that spell "B M W"? HOW DARE U??? :@

ur punishment is that i'll get the BMW, the 2 bears, the monkey, and u'll get only the banana the monkey is eating :PPP no i'll get the banana too, u'll get only the banana skin :PPPPPPPPP don't be sad, u can do LOTS of things with a banana skin, for example u can slip on it (will save much time if u wanna go somewhere so fast), or u can see the banana skin as a yellow octopus that's trying to attack u and u try to run for ur life call it the "Yellow Octopus Scary Experience"

I have enough money to share among all my friends. So no need to fight buddies
    don't bother she'll be happy with the banana skin

aila said:

so i ask for a BMW aila and u give me 2 bears and a monkey that spell "B M W"? HOW DARE U??? :@

ur punishment is that i'll get the BMW, the 2 bears, the monkey, and u'll get only the banana the monkey is eating :PPP no i'll get the banana too, u'll get only the banana skin :PPPPPPPPP don't be sad, u can do LOTS of things with a banana skin, for example u can slip on it (will save much time if u wanna go somewhere so fast), or u can see the banana skin as a yellow octopus that's trying to attack u and u try to run for ur life call it the "Yellow Octopus Scary Experience"

don't bother she'll be happy with the banana skin
    i give you banana skin back, its useless. but give me back my two little cutie teddy bears. you can take the monkey.