Obscure country song from late 70's to early 80's

Thread: Obscure country song from late 70's to early 80's

Tags: country, family, opry, welfare, workers

David Sherri said:

Default Obscure country song from late 70's to early 80's

This is the only line I remember: “We’re workers, not shirkers, not welfare tear jerkers.”

The song goes on to talk about home, family and the Grand Ole Opry. Opry is pronounced with 3 syllables to match family.

It was sung by a guy that sounded like a cross between Moe Bandy and Charlie Pride but he was not as well known as either of them.
    I believe it was recorded live. Medium upbeat sound similar to Moe Bandy's Americana.

This song got airplay on a little country radio station in NJ, WKMB Stirling Country, AM 1070.
    The format allowed the DJs to play anything they wanted so we got familiar with a lot of songs that never climbed the charts.

Any leads would be appreciated. I perform live and think this song needs to be heard again.

Thanks for looking,
    Dave

curiosity_kills_the_cat said:

Any particular refrain you may have remembered? Perhaps tucked away in the confines of your mind...even for country music aficionados, there's little to work with...

...may have forgotten (lol)
    Last edited by Mixalopoulos; 04-16-2013 at 01:54 AM. Reason: please use Edit Post

David Sherri said:

Thanks curiosity. That's all I have. My brain is just not dredging up anything else. Perhaps I'll play and sing that line if it might help people remember the tune.