Petri Nygård - Paska Maailma (Finnish)

Thread: Petri Nygård - Paska Maailma (Finnish)

Tags: None
  1. pnielsen said:

Default Petri Nygård - Paska Maailma (Finnish)

Here's my stab at it. However, I need help with the translation of one sentence. I really don't have a clue what "velas kii" means, and frankly I'm not sure about "relaa siin" either:

Eletään velas kii, koita relaa siin.

Also, I'm not sure if my translation of "havuja" to "twigs" is good/correct:

Elämä ei luista, vittu havuja perkele.
    Life does not flow, f*cking goddamn twigs.

Please help if you can! Thank you!

---

PASKA MAAILMA
    CRAPPY WORLD

Oon vittuuntunu ja kyllästyny. Olen vittuuntunu ja kyllästyny.
    I'm pissed off and I'm fed up. I'm pissed off and I'm fed up.
    Ei oo helppoo, elämä on työlästä. Laskut tulee ajallaan, mut maksan myöhässä.
    It's not easy, life is arduous. Bills arrive on time, but I pay late.
    Ei riitä tili tuli, tili meni. Korvaako kela? Pikavippikierre, kuka kuittaa velat?
    It's not enough, paycheck received, paycheck gone. Will social services pay? Stuck in a spiral of quick loans, who will pick up the debt?
    Pitkäaikaistyötön, teen varmaan enkat. Tuntuu ku muijallaki ois kokoajan menkat.
    Long-term unemployed, I will probably break a record. It feels like my b*tch has a never-ending period as well.
    Mene sinä vittuun, jätä mut rauhaan. Mua ahdistaaa!
    You go to hell, leave me alone. I'm annoyed!
    Mene sinä vittuun. Mikä ei tapa, se vahvistaaa!
    You go to hell. What does not kill, will strengthen!
    Verokarhu ahne, palkanmaksaja saita. Tuntuu, että elän pelkkää maanantaita.
    Taxman greedy, employer stingy. It feels like if every day in my life is a Monday.
    Eletään velas kii, koita relaa siin. Mut se on kai elämää, c'est la vie.
    We are stuck with our debt, try to live with that. But I guess that's life, c'est la vie.

Tää on paska maailma, mitä oikeen luulet? Huudan haista vittu, haluun että kuulet.
    This is a crappy world, what did you think? I shout F*ck You, I want you to hear it.
    Näytän keskisormee, mä näytän keskisormee.
    I flip the bird, I flip the bird.
    Tää on paska maailma, mitä oikeen luulet? Huudan haista vittu, haluun että kuulet.
    This is a crappy world, what did you think? I shout F*ck You, I want you to hear it.

Naapuri vittuilee, olevinaan tärkee. Hampaita vihloo, selkääkin särkee.
    The neighbor is being a prick, thinks he's important. A stabbing toothache, and a backache too.
    Järjetön soija närästää, jano. Kiristetään, vähennetään, loput irtisanoo.
    Crazy soy causes heartburn, thirst. They tighten, they cut down, the rest are laid off.
    Vittu mitä paskaa, mun on pakko älähtää! Vittu mitä paskaa, mun pää kohta räjähtää!
    What a f*cking load of sh*t, I have to shout out! What a f*cking load of sh*t, my head soon explodes!
    Kaikki mitä rakastat, on lihottavaa, moraalitonta tai laitonta.
    Everything you love is fattening, immoral, or illegal.
    Alkoholi ei ratkaise ongelmia, mutta eipä kyllä vittu maitokaan.
    Alcohol does not solve problems, but f*ck, neither does milk.
    Kukaan ei vastaa, mulla on paljon kysymyksiä. Leuka rintaan, ja kohti uusia petymyksiä.
    Nobody is answering, I have a lot of questions. Chin to the chest, and towards new disappointments.
    Mielessä kirosana, tavuja perkele. Tuntuu että mistään ei saa apuja perkele.
    A curse word in mind, f*cking syllables. It feels like nobody is there to f*cking help you.
    Elämä ei luista, vittu havuja perkele. Elämä ei luista, vittu havuja perkele!
    Life does not flow, f*cking goddamn obstacles. Life does not flow, f*cking goddamn obstacles!

Migreeni, kivi hiertää monossa. Vitun mummotkin ne etuilee jonossa.
    A migraine, a stone chaffing in the boot. Even f*cking grandmas are cutting in line.
    Kaupan maistiaisissa kävin syömässä. Bussi etuajassa, vitun juna myöhässä.
    I had my meal at the store tasting event. The bus is early, f*cking train is late.
    Auto ei käynnisty, hä, akku loppu. Yritin soittaa apuu, vittu akku loppu!
    The car does not start, huh, battery is dead. I tried to call for help, f*cking battery is dead!
    Pitää olla hullu ettei sekoo. Kyllä se siitä vielä vituiks menee, lyödäänkö vetoo?
    You got to be crazy not to go insane. Sure, it's going to get all f*cked up yet, wanna bet?
    Mene sinä vittuun, jätä mut rauhaan. Mua ahdistaaa!
    You go to hell, leave me alone. I'm annoyed!
    Mene sinä vittuun. Mikä ei tapa, se vahvistaaa!
    You go to hell. What does not kill, will strengthen!
    Elän siivellä, tää ei oo mun tontti. Vuokra nousee, edessä putkiremontti.
    I live on wings, I don't own this plot. The rent goes up, pipe repair ahead.
    Voi perkele, anna mun kestää kaikki! Noh, noh, eniten vituttaa kaikki!
    F*ck, let me bear all this! Well, well, the most annoying thing is everything!

Last edited by pnielsen; 04-22-2013 at 09:36 AM.

2. Isä Apotti said:

That is pretty good translation.

The missing line:
    "Eletään velas kii, koita relaa siin."

Word-to-word translation:
    "We are living / to dept / connected, / you try to / to be relaxed / with that thing. /

Translation with original meaning:
    "We are living deadlocked with our debts, so it is hard to feel relaxed."

---

"Havu" means the bough-tips or boughlets of coniferous evergreen trees,
    most commonly cut from pine or spruce. In order to be called "Havu",
    boughlet must still retain its needle-leaves. When the boughlet dries
    up and loses the needle-leaves, it becomes "risu" ("twig").

When the bouhglets are cut during winter and kept outside in freezing
    temperature, they retain their needles through the winter, and dry up
    only in late spring. When boughlets or needle-leaves are spreed over
    show or ice, they make sticky surface. The needle-leaves contain
    resinous sap, and when they are crushed they stick to everything.

The words:
    "Elämä ei luista, vittu havuja perkele."

"The life / does not / slide, / f*ck / needle-leaves / [True name of the God] "

Translation with original meaning:
    "My f*cking life is so stuck, it is like skiing over the goddamned pine needles."

3. pnielsen said:

Quote Originally Posted by Isä Apotti View Post
    That is pretty good translation.
    Thanks!

The missing line:
    "Eletään velas kii, koita relaa siin."

"We are living / to dept / connected, / you try to / to be relaxed / with that thing. /
    Ahaa! So velas=velka and kii is short for kiinni. Thanks for the help, I could not figure out that part!

"Havu" means the bough-tips or boughlets of coniferous evergreen trees,
    most commonly cut from pine or spruce.
    Ohh! Thanks for that detailed explanation. When associating "luista" with the glide in skiing, it all makes sense

Havu is "Granris" in Swedish. In English "Fir branches" comes very close, with the small difference that this does not necessarily imply that the branches have been cut off the tree as both Havu and Granris do.
    Last edited by pnielsen; 04-24-2013 at 11:51 AM.