Thread: Crescent Moon of the Silent Night

Tags: None
  1. Malay_razor said:

Default Crescent Moon of the Silent Night

When there's no place to go
    when there's no place to think
    just look up, you'll see

the crescent moon of the silent night.
    Last edited by Malay_razor; 06-18-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

Like I've said,many a time,I usually don't comment on song lyrics that don't have a rhyme.That's a personal choice,but when something this good "grabs my attention"I must say something.I love these lines,all it needs is a refrain;Possible Masterpiece!Without it,it's still excellent,but turn it into a Song Lyric!!

3. Malay_razor said:

Thanks a lot doug. I know my pieces lack of rhyme. But what I believe is that lyrics don't need to be bound by rhyme. My inspiration comes from many bands like pink floyd,led zeppelin, porcupine tree, dream theater and the list goes on. These bands have written some incredible masterpiece lyrics, and many songs dont have rhyming words still the vocalist manages to amaze us. I'm not saying rhyme isn't important. They are the essence in a lyric. In future I'll try my best to give it a smooth rhyme.

Jim Colyer said:

I enjoyed this piece of poetry. Being an astronomer, I am forever fascinated by the moon.

5. Malay_razor said:

Thanks! Appreciate it. Yeah the moon is indeed fascinating.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Malay_razor View Post
    Thanks a lot doug. I know my pieces lack of rhyme. But what I believe is that lyrics don't need to be bound by rhyme. My inspiration comes from many bands like pink floyd,led zeppelin, porcupine tree, dream theater and the list goes on. These bands have written some incredible masterpiece lyrics, and many songs dont have rhyming words still the vocalist manages to amaze us. I'm not saying rhyme isn't important. They are the essence in a lyric. In future I'll try my best to give it a smooth rhyme.
    I can't believe that post!You sound EXACTLY like my brother,he likes the same bands as you,and has argued this with me on many occasion.I agree,rhymes aren't necessary,but I do think a refrain is.Do you?

7. Malay_razor said:

Haha. Glad to hear that. Yeah a refrain is undoubtedly. I'll make some changes. Thanks Doug. Your words help a lot. Really!

amaryn said:

Porcupine Tree is new to me! I feel almost ashamed of myself. I'll listen to repair the damage,lol! Indeed, gr8 choice of bands, certainly not the easiest ones. Your "and so on" rescued you, otherwise I'd ask you:where are The Doors, Janis Joplin (Kozmic Blues), John Mayal, Jeff Beck,lol?

9. Malay_razor said:

Do listen to porcupine tree. Amazing stuff. And sorry to forget the door I'm a huge fan.

Eccer said:

If you guys are fan of Porcupine Tree, you should definitely check out Steven Wilson's latest masterpiece, holy ****ing cow is all I have to say about that. Came out this year He's got some pretty amazing lyrics on that record which has inspired me lately

amaryn said:

Thanks Eccer. Chasing the record already!

12. Malay_razor said:

Talking about The Watchmaker? With Guthrie?

Eccer said:

Oh hell yes One of the better songs...

14. Malay_razor said:

Loved it man. Steven Wilson has a long way to go!

15. RalZan said:

This is really great simplistic and quaint. I can see many different ways in which this song could happen. Love it
    Life sucks in a beautiful kind of way

16. Malay_razor said:

Thanks a lot man. Really appreciate it.