[SOLVED] Help to ID a song

Thread: [SOLVED] Help to ID a song

Tags: 1980's, mystery song, odd, strange
  1. DragonSong said:

Exclamation [SOLVED] Help to ID a song

I need help to ID a Song, I have only heard it twice in my whole life (34 Y.O now) and I don't have a bunch to work with, so bear with me.

I know that it is from the 1980's, a woman sings it, she is looped sings harmony to herself, it is a very strange song, not fast, and not slow, about a med. speed. I do not recall any of the verses, however the Chorus is a mashing of words and phrases that do not go together again it's a strange song. In total the song doesn't make sense, LOL just like me. I swear these are some of the words in the chorus that I do remember, but not in order except for the end:

...to my Father, ...ex-facto, ...down a straw like cherry cola, and the chorus ends with her saying, " And.... Babies."

It's not rock, nor pop, but sort of a David Bowie type strange. But it is a woman who sings it. There is a guitar in it, but lightly strumming.

I have searched through thousands of songs, and used several funky search engines of which are crap, and no it is not the Lola song which comes up when I type in Cherry Cola, which I know for sure is in the chorus, and no it is not Savage Garden. It is from the 1980's I would even say 1983 as the first time I heard it, was new on the radio with David Bowie's new song "China Girl."

Please Help me if you can, any thoughts title and or artist to help point me in the right direction, heck I'll take a shot in the dark at this point, no attempt to help me is stupid, this song has been haunting me for about 7 years now, I'm near to tears and pulling my hair out! Contact me at SntKeyofX@aol.com with any ideas THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!! DRAGONSONG

2. bugmenot1 said:

This song is from 1983. Could you have mistaken French for nonsense English?

"Beau Oui Comme Bowie" by Isabelle Adjani
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRYPb5H6WVM

3. DragonSong said:

Nope, that's not it, but I thank you, I'm positive words were sung in English. After digging through 8 1/2 hours of music online, I did manage to find the voice of the singer, who sounds a lot like the lady in my song; Kate Bush and is very much in the feelings of "The Sensual World," and "Love and Anger." By God I will find this song! I do thank You once again!

cbwillallen25 said:

I have a few questions for you. What Country did you hear the song? Was it the UK? US? Also the two times you did hear the song was it on the same radio station?

5. wurzlsepp said:

Are you also sure about the time you heard it first (at that time you would have been only about 4 years old!) ?
    Maybe you are confusing some memories and the the song was released a little later
    Then my guess would be this one: Cocteau Twins - Iceblink Luck

6. DragonSong said:

Was heard in California USA, and then again in Arizona USA, and two different stations.

7. DragonSong said:

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! PEACE AT LAST WOOT! That is the song Cocteau Twins - "Iceblink Luck" and you win the wizard award!!! But I am going to answer your questions. I don't remember how old I was when I first heard the song, I was guessing 1983 by the fact that David Bowie's song was playing and out in that year, I was going by faded memories here. I wasn't confused as I heard the song once again when I was 28 years old, same song too, I find it funny the fact that the words I was hearing actually might not have been in full English. I think what was driving me mad the most was wrong words my brain knew was incorrect I and could barely remember the tune, and needed to fix it.

In the End, I thank you very much Wurzlsepp, for helping me end my craziness!

8. wurzlsepp said:

You're welcome! glad to help you out of this misery
    Also funny were the winding pathes that lead me to the solution
    Last edited by wurzlsepp; 06-25-2013 at 05:52 PM.