add a new forum Turkic languages lyrics!!

Thread: add a new forum Turkic languages lyrics!!

Tags: None
  1. aspwow said:

Exclamation add a new forum Turkic languages lyrics!!

a new forum for Turkic languages lyrics?
    to moderators
    add a turkic languages lyrics translation
    why not make a unique forum for the turkic languages (turkish, uzbek, uyghur,turkmen, azeri, tajik etc.)
    REQUEST FOR MODERATORS:
    Due to the fact that these of Turkic languages close to each other, but still many somesone have problems in understanding Uzbek(turkish, uzbek, uyghur,turkmen, azeri, tajik etc.) , I propose to open a new forum like Slavic languages lyrics translation.

Last edited by aspwow; 09-21-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Nikos said:

Quote Originally Posted by aspwow View Post
    a new forum for Uzbek LYRICS? to moderators

a new forum for Uzbek LYRICS?

REQUEST FOR MODERATORS:
    Due to the fact that these uzbeks of Turkic languages close to each other, but still many somesone have problems in understanding Uzbek , I propose to open a new forum like turkish forum.
    Nice idea.

[To moderators]
    But, why not make a unique forum for the turkic languages (turkish, uzbek, turkmen, azeri, tajik etc.), it'd be better than create a single forum just for uzbek lyrics. I suggest to change the name of the "turkish lyrics translation" forum to "turkic languages lyrics translation" and have there all the songs' lyrics of those languages. It'd be something like the ‘slavic lyrics translation‘ and "nordic countries lyrics trans.‘ which already exist.

3. aspwow said:

please all moderators adopt this idea!
    Need add a new forum for Turkic languages lyrics.
    To moderators
    THANKS@@@@!!!!!!
    Last edited by aspwow; 10-30-2013 at 08:55 PM.

4. Togdi Kun said:

Quote Originally Posted by Nikos View Post
    Nice idea.

[To moderators]
    But, why not make a unique forum for the turkic languages (turkish, uzbek, turkmen, azeri, tajik etc.), it'd be better than create a single forum just for uzbek lyrics. I suggest to change the name of the "turkish lyrics translation" forum to "turkic languages lyrics translation" and have there all the songs' lyrics of those languages. It'd be something like the ‘slavic lyrics translation‘ and "nordic countries lyrics trans.‘ which already exist.
    COUNTER ARGUMENT by Kün Togdi

Dear sir/madam;

I would like to point out to you that; this issue of categorising or subcategorising the Turkish language needs to be discussed within the community of Turkish speakers of various Turkish dialects and accents at length.The process needs to be under the supervision of professional linguists of the Turkish language! The reason being for that is: Some of the Turkish dialects and accents are much closer to each other than some others. For instance; the Turkish of Turkey, Crimea, Azerbaijan, Türkmenistan, Iraq, Syria, Cyprus, Balkans including Gagauzia, Xorazm in Uzbekistan and parts of Kazakistan and even parts of Tataristan and Krygyzistan speaks the Oghuz (Oğuz) dialect that is very akin to, what we call standard Turkish nowadays, for what we call standard Turkish nowadays is the Oghuz (Oğuz) branch or dialect of Turkish. All of these mentioned above are not dialects but marely accents! of the Oghuz Branch of Turkish and, can easily be merged into one Turkish Oghuz Dialect section. But merging of accents or separating dialects is an issue that needs to be dealt by the professional linguists and, not by unprofessionals and, definitely not by someone who does not even speak Turkish, like your respectable self sir!
    And for the None-Oghuz Turkish dialects issue: This issue perhaps needs to be discussed among the speakers of those Turkish dialects separately. This is a very intricate subject sir and, it needs to be discussed by professional Turkish linguists before, making any attemp to categorize or sub-categorize the Turkish language. We all know that; once the languages are wrongly categorised in sites such as this, it becomes almost imposibble to undo the mistake made and to reshift many thousands of lyrics translated, back into their rightful sections. I would therefore suggest you to invite all the Turkish speaking community here at ALT in TURKISH!, for the discussion of this Turkish linguistic issues.
    I would like to invite the Turkish community here at ALT to discuss the issue of Turkish dialects and accents. I would like to make a request from the members of the Turkish speaking community to open a form in TURKISH for the discussion of the TURKISH accents and dialects issue. If those who understands English could also invite the rest of the Turkish community in Turkish please.
    I would kindly ask from moderators; not to take any action on the subject of categorising or sub-categorising the Turkish language, before the Invitation to the Turkish Community is Made in TURKISH! Laud and Clear! and not before, Enough Time is Given for Turkish speaking linguists! to join in the discussions on this sensitive issue.

With due respect; Kün Togdi.
    Last edited by Togdi Kun; 10-31-2013 at 04:27 AM.

Nikos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Togdi Kun View Post
    COUNTER ARGUMENT by Kün Togdi

Dear sir/madam;

I would like to point out to you that; this issue of categorising or subcategorising the Turkish language needs to be discussed within the community of Turkish speakers of various Turkish dialects and accents at length.The process needs to be under the supervision of professional linguists of the Turkish language! The reason being for that is: Some of the Turkish dialects and accents are much closer to each other than some others. For instance; the Turkish of Turkey, Crimea, Azerbaijan, Türkmenistan, Iraq, Syria, Cyprus, Balkans including Gagauzia, Xorazm in Uzbekistan and parts of Kazakistan and even parts of Tataristan and Krygyzistan speaks the Oghuz (Oğuz) dialect that is very akin to, what we call standard Turkish nowadays, for what we call standard Turkish nowadays is the Oghuz (Oğuz) branch or dialect of Turkish. All of these mentioned above are not dialects but marely accents! of the Oghuz Branch of Turkish and, can easily be merged into one Turkish Oghuz Dialect section. But merging of accents or separating dialects is an issue that needs to be dealt by the professional linguists and, not by unprofessionals and, definitely not by someone who does not even speak Turkish, like your respectable self sir!
    And for the None-Oghuz Turkish dialects issue: This issue perhaps needs to be discussed among the speakers of those Turkish dialects separately. This is a very intricate subject sir and, it needs to be discussed by professional Turkish linguists before, making any attemp to categorize or sub-categorize the Turkish language. We all know that; once the languages are wrongly categorised in sites such as this, it becomes almost imposibble to undo the mistake made and to reshift many thousands of lyrics translated, back into their rightful sections. I would therefore suggest you to invite all the Turkish speaking community here at ALT in TURKISH!, for the discussion of this Turkish linguistic issues.
    I would like to invite the Turkish community here at ALT to discuss the issue of Turkish dialects and accents. I would like to make a request from the members of the Turkish speaking community to open a form in TURKISH for the discussion of the TURKISH accents and dialects issue. If those who understands English could also invite the rest of the Turkish community in Turkish please.
    I would kindly ask from moderators; not to take any action on the subject of categorising or sub-categorising the Turkish language, before the Invitation to the Turkish Community is Made in TURKISH! Laud and Clear! and not before, Enough Time is Given for Turkish speaking linguists! to join in the discussions on this sensitive issue.

With due respect; Kün Togdi.
    Ok, here's the thing. This forum is about songs' lyrics and music. Why in the earth professional linguists must be involved? The turkish language is almost the same with azeri. Turkmen and uzbek is really close to each other and very close to the two languages mentioned above. Trust me, there's gonna be no problem by making an entire forum for turkic languages. To give you an example: have you heard serbian and bosnian? They're almost exactly the same. How about serbian and slovene? Slovakian and czech? These languages are almost identical. The same way with norwegian, swedish and danish.

6. Togdi Kun said:

I agree the Turkish dialects and accents should not be kept separately. But having a section for the dialects of Turkish and calling it, ''Turkic'' isn't at all a good Idea, as far as I reckon. We Türks call our language ''Turkish'' and not ''Turkic''. If you were asking the mods to add sub categories under the Turkish section then, you have my total backing of the Idea. But try to change the definition of my language here and, no I am sorry I can in no way agree with you.
    Turkish and Turkic are not the same thing.
    For example: You can build yourself a Turkic castle in Armania, it can resemble a Turkish bulding in every aspect. It's roof might be Turkic, it's walls might be Turkic, it's carvings on it's walls and it's garden might be Turkic. Even the people in it might dress Turkic! but it will never be a Turkish building unless it was built and occupied by Turks in a Turkish fashion! If it was a ''Turkish'' building and built and occupied by Türks in a Türkish fashion then,it will be called ''Turkish'' .It will only be called ''Turkic'' after the Turks cease to live in it, abonden it. You can call a building in Armania which was built and used-occupied by Türks some time in the past ''Turkic'' for it was of the Türkish and no longer Türkish. Likewise we can call an extinct Turkish language which we don't have much knowledge about ''Turkic'' for we might not be sure if it really is Turkish. The reason we might call it ''Turkic'' is that it might resemble the language spoken-used by Türks. But if we have plenty of material about the language and we are sure about it being Turkish then, we would call it ''Turkish'' and not ''Turkic'. Likewise the Bulgarian language is a ''Turkic'' language. The Bulgarian was untill the 10th-11th centuries was infact a Turkish language and, after mixing with Slavs of the Balkans and accepting christianity, they have become assimilated and their language has changed. So nowadays it is called ''Turkic'' and not ''Turkish'' for the Bulgarian has come from Turkish, it is of the Turkish, it has historical ties with the Turkish language but, not Turkish anymore. They ceased to be Türks and their language is no longer called Turkish, it is called Turkic. You can perhaps, include Bulgarian into the Turkic section and this would not be wrong.
    Definition of Turkic: Something that resembles a Türk, or of the Türks, or have ties in some way with Türkish people, culture and language but not neccesarily a Türkish.
    Definition of Turkish: A Türk, The language and culture of Türks.
    Am I being clear enough?
    Azerbaijanies, Özbekistanies, Kazakistanies, Tataristanies,Türkmenistanies, Kırgızistanies, Uyguristanies and many other Türkish peoples calls themselves Türk-Turkish and their language Türkçe-Turkish and, not Turkic-Türkî or anything else. It is like trying to define English language as Angolic and then include, American English-Jamaican English-Australian English-Canadian English e.t.c Under the name of Angolic. No sir! these are English dialects and needs to remain under the English section. And Özbekistani-Kazakistani-Türkmenistani-Azerbaijani- Kırgızistan-Tataristani-e.t.c. are only dialects of Turkish, they are well preserved and very akin to modern Turkish and, they need to remain in Turkish section. It would be much better, perhaps if you were to ask from the mods for sub categories to be added under the Turkish section. Such as : Azerbaijani Turkish- Azerbaycan Türkçesi. Uzbekistani Turkish- Özbekistan Türkçesi. Türkmenistani Turkish-Türkmenistan Türkçesi. e.t.c. Love and respect. May god bless us all human kind.
    Last edited by Togdi Kun; 11-09-2013 at 06:00 PM.

7. aspwow said:

Now,adding a Türkic lyrics translation is necessary.
    It's now.
    Last edited by aspwow; 11-18-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Tania ATL said:

Dear all!

I am sorry, I simply overlooked this thread. It should be started @ Allthelyrics.com subforum (and here I moved it).

As to subject - yes, you're absolutely right, it should be done that way from the very beginning, Türkic languages instead of just Turkish one. I've added new section and moved Turkish translation under it.

* And yes, I'm not a linguist, so I've just called it Türkic. Should it be called Turkish or Turkic or Türk instead?
    Last edited by Tania ATL; 11-18-2013 at 11:50 AM.

9. aspwow said:

ADD a sub-forum of Uzbek Lyrics translation in Türkic languages translation,Please Tania ATL solved.

Tania ATL said:

I suggest placing Uzbek requests in the root of new section.
    But I'm thinking about Armenian&Georgian sections (not in this subforum, separately)

ARMENIAtheBEAUTIFUL said:

I agree! Every time I want to help someone out with Armenian lyrics, I have to search myself throughout the entire site with key terms like "Armenian" and that is not the most efficient.

Nor is it organized. There are Armenian lyrics in several other langauges' folders.