R&B/Neo-Soul song circa 2000-2001

Thread: R&B/Neo-Soul song circa 2000-2001

Tags: 2000-2002, harmony, male vocals, neo soul, r&b
  1. samboghini said:

Default R&B/Neo-Soul song circa 2000-2001

Hey folks, I've been searching for this song since 2001 and I'm hoping you guys can help me out.

Background on hearing the song:
    I live in Grenada in the Caribbean, and I used to hear the song when I was late night studying for my end of high school exams. A local radio station would (I assume) patch into another (American?) station that played current R&B/soul songs from 10pm until 5:30am. This song would play alongside tracks like Jon B's "Don't Talk", Koffee Brown's "After the Party", Dru Hill's "If I Could", Olivia's "Biz-ounce", Jill Scott's "He Loves Me" and "The Way", Prophet Jones' "Lifetime", Public Announcement's "Mamacita", and more of the like.

Song details
    It was a minor key song, sounded like a group of men (though I don't know if they were just back up singers to the guy ad-libbing the chorus). The chorus goes "The remedy for loneliness is her, only her... Please won't you rescue me frommm.... myselllllf" or words to that effect. The group would harmonize those words, and the lead singer would adlib a little bit over them. He had a high pitched, fine voice a la Bilal or Tevin Campbell. I remember the song because the harmonies were damn good and smooth. Tempo of the song was slow, but not as slow as, say, Anthony Hamilton's "Charlene".

I haven't heard the song since '01 so the words might be a little off, but I can hum the tune... Been driving me crazy that I can't find it after all this time. If anyone can help or needs any more info, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Sambo

2. jp12345 said:

The only thing I'm finding online is a search for the lyrics:

"The remedy for loneliness is her, only her
    Only she can come and save me from myself"