The meaning of "vase"

Thread: The meaning of "vase"

Tags: None
  1. Sunshinehu said:

Default The meaning of "vase"

Hey Vanda, how r u dear?
    Well, I have a few questions if u don't mind.

Firstly, what does 'vase' mean? For eg, in the line, "Midonam kheyli ziyadi vase man" or "Vase chi beram setare bechinam"?
    Next, does 'Nemikhad' and 'Nemikham' mean exactly the same?
    And what is the meaning of 'Dar be Daram', 'Dashte Basham' and 'Sar be Saram'?
    Lastly, in the song 'Fadaye Saret', u have translated the line, "Ghosseh Nakhor, Fadaye Saret" as "Don't be sad, its no matter". I always thought the word 'ghosseh' had something to do with anger. What's the word for anger? I mean, what if I had to say, "Don't be angry?"

Can u pls explain whenever u have the time?

Thanks!

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinehu View Post
    Hey Vanda, how r u dear?
    Well, I have a few questions if u don't mind.
    greeting, sweetie

Firstly, what does 'vase' mean? For eg, in the line, "Midonam kheyli ziyadi vase man" or "Vase chi beram setare bechinam"?
    Vaseh = واسه - (H - ه = inarticulate) so it pronounces "Vase"
    it's colloquial mode of "baraye" which means "for/to/sake/toward"

midoonam = I know / kheyli = very / ziyadi = you are more/very... / vase man = for me
    literary it means : I know you are very much from me!!!
    but actually it points to "deserve"
    -----
    chi = what / vase chi = for what? - why?
    Next, does 'Nemikhad' and 'Nemikham' mean exactly the same?
    nemikhad = it/she/he doesn't want - need / nemikham = I don't want - need

And what is the meaning of 'Dar be Daram', 'Dashte Basham' and 'Sar be Saram'?
    Dar = door / but "Dar be Dar" is a phrase which points to a "homeless" or "really poor"
    another mean is "searching home by home"
    another mean " ramble"

Dar be Daram = I'm poor/ homeless
    dar be darAM -> "am" short mode of "hastam" = I am
    e.x
    man khaste hastam(literary)/ man khaste am(colloquial)
    man = I ---- khaste = tired ---- hastam / am = am

-----
    dashte basham = I have /If I have /// dashtam = I had/ If I had

man faghat mikham to ro dashte basham/ I just wanna have you
    -----
    sar = head / "Sar be Sar" is a phrase for teasing/kiding
    for e.x: sar be saram nazar = don't tease me / don't kid me / don't bother me
    (literary = don't strike your head to my head!!)

Lastly, in the song 'Fadaye Saret', u have translated the line, "Ghosseh Nakhor, Fadaye Saret" as "Don't be sad, its no matter". I always thought the word 'ghosseh' had something to do with anger. What's the word for anger? I mean, what if I had to say, "Don't be angry?"
    I think nooresabz has translated it but it does't make any difference. he did it really good.
    gosseh = sorrow, sadness
    angry = asabani
    don't be angry = asabani nabash (عصباني نباش) / be cool = aroom bash (آروم باش) or khonsard bash (خونسرد باش)

are you kamran&hooman's fan? :-)
    actually I don't like their style very much but their songs are so beautiful and most of them are from my fav poeter "Maryam Heydar zade"
    "20" was a masterwork. all the songs are sooooo nice in "20". It was first album (for me) that I liked all the songs.
    and another thing that I like about them is their live performance... they are amazing on stage and in their videos
    they have alots of fan in persian community. for example on internet... I swear there is about 1000 weblogs and websites for kamran & hooman!!!
    their fans are soooo... I don't know how to say that... like they put a pic from kamran and his girlfried(shaghayegh/claudia lynx) or hooman and his girlfriend(briana) and they talk about that for days and days :-))) lol

Can u pls explain whenever u have the time?

Thanks!

to be honet, I'm really happy that I see you enthusiastic...

be happy mate..
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez