The meaning of "omid"

Thread: The meaning of "omid"

Tags: None

Ecoliqua said:

Default The meaning of "omid"

By the way, what does it mean "Omid"?... Hope?... if yes, is it a males name?... in spanish "hope" is a females name...
  2. Salma said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoliqua View Post
    By the way, what does it mean "Omid"?... Hope?... if yes, is it a males name?... in spanish "hope" is a females name...
    Yes , Omid means hope and it is a males name in Iran
  3. hasan said:

Hope = Umit

In Turkish it became Umit and it is for boys and girls.

Ecoliqua said:

Hasan:

well, you really know how to do it in Turkey!
    My grandmother´s name was Esperanza (=hope) :-)

Bratadishtar:

thank you very much for the explanations. iit helps a lot for writing your name ;-) although I confess I i had to double check before writing it.
    You know, I thought you were a guy!!! :-) and your friend called you Marian just kidding... so, you are a girl! Nice! wellcome here.
    I think you would like Spain!

Thank you Slama for your answers and for having an easy name ;-) Salma I can write pretty well. And I am. really sorry for your sister and your father. My boyfriend also died las year. It is hard to accept, but I the end, the pain will disapear and you will only keep the good things. And I believe that people exist as long as we remeber them. If they exist in your mind, they can influence your life, therefore they exist in real life. And think that, for every creature that is born, another one has to die... or viceversa, for every person that dieas, a new creature is born. So, live is just like a coin trew to the air, were death and life are the two faces of the coin. As long as the coin is moving, it will keep it equilibrium by changing from one face to the other.
    But of course it is difficul to accept young people diying... we are not mentally prepared for this. But, we have to. You have here a brand new bunch of new friends form all around the planet :-) At least I speak form myself. if there is anything you or anyone else in this forum need, just ask. We are here to help.

Now... momo_focus.... sunshinehu and flower, I think I havent said hello to you yet. I guess you joint this forum when I was away... Hi to you all and wellcome.

Vanda, azizam, setareh, noor aeini, ahooe chesch, I hope you are well. Man dooset daran.

Laura

Vanda said:

Vanda, azizam, setareh, noor aeini, ahooe chesch, I hope you are well. Man dooset daran.
    Laura
    :-) merci azizam, my beautiful friend, I love you toooooooo :X :X :X
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez

momo_focus said:

Hasan:

Now... momo_focus.... sunshinehu and flower, I think I havent said hello to you yet. I guess you joint this forum when I was away... Hi to you all and wellcome.

Laura
    Laura, thanks for the warm welcome. This site is great and Vanda came to my rescue, she is the best. Now i'm ready for my 1st year anniversary

Regards MoMo