Shadmehr Aghili - Setareh

Thread: Shadmehr Aghili - Setareh

Tags: None

momo_focus said:

Default Shadmehr Aghili - Setareh

Vanda, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of sorrow.

Having said that, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with a song translation. I had used the shadmehr Agili's song for my wedding DVD. I used 2 English songs and one Persian. Setareh, by Shadmehr Agili being the one. I have tried everything to translate this thing, but unfortunately I have not been successful at all. I even wrote to Shadmehr, but never responded back to me.

This song from what I can understand means a lot to me and it really makes me emotional every time I listen to it. Unfortunately my wife (Canadian) does not speak/understand Persian at all. I was wondering if someone will be kind enough o translate this song for me. My 1 year anniversary is coming up in June 24 and I’m running out of time. I wanted to have the translated version ready for her and give it to her on our anniversary night. Can someone please help me?

Here are the lyrics
    Shadmehr Aghili -=- Setareh
    --------------------------------------

Dobare delam vase ghorbate cheshmat tange
    Dobare in dele divoone vasat del tange
    Vaghte az to khoondane setareye taraneham
    Esme to baraye man ghashangtarin ahange

Bi to yek parandeye asire bi parvazam
    Ba to amam miresam be gholeye avazam
    Age ta akhare in taraneh ba man bashi
    Vase to saghfi az ahnago seda misazam
    Ba ye cheshmake dobare mano zende kon setareh
    Nazar az nafas bioftam toee tanha rahe chare
    Ay setareh ay setareh bi to shab noori nadare
    In taraneh ta hamishe to ro yade man miyare

Toee ke eshghamo az negahe mikhooni
    Toee ke tooye tapeshe taraneham mehmooni
    Toee ke hamnafase hamishe avazi
    Toee ke akhare gheseye mano midooni

Age koocheye sedam ye koocheye barike
    Age khoonam bi cheraghe cheshme to tarike
    Midoonam akhare ghese miresi be dade man
    Lahzeye yeki shodan too ayeneha nazdike

DEKLAME

Age age khoonam bi cheraghe cheshme to tarike
    Lahzeye yeki shodan too ayeneha nazdike nazdike

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by momo_focus View Post
    Vanda, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time of sorrow.

Having said that, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with a song translation. I had used the shadmehr Agili's song for my wedding DVD. I used 2 English songs and one Persian. Setareh, by Shadmehr Agili being the one. I have tried everything to translate this thing, but unfortunately I have not been successful at all. I even wrote to Shadmehr, but never responded back to me.

This song from what I can understand means a lot to me and it really makes me emotional every time I listen to it. Unfortunately my wife (Canadian) does not speak/understand Persian at all. I was wondering if someone will be kind enough o translate this song for me. My 1 year anniversary is coming up in June 24 and I’m running out of time. I wanted to have the translated version ready for her and give it to her on our anniversary night. Can someone please help me?

Here are the lyrics
    Shadmehr Aghili -=- Setareh
    --------------------------------------

Dobare delam vase ghorbate cheshmat tange
    Dobare in dele divoone vasat del tange
    Vaghte az to khoondane setareye taraneham
    Esme to baraye man ghashangtarin ahange

Bi to yek parandeye asire bi parvazam
    Ba to amam miresam be gholeye avazam
    Age ta akhare in taraneh ba man bashi
    Vase to saghfi az ahnago seda misazam

Toee ke eshghamo az negahe mikhooni
    Toee ke tooye tapeshe taraneham mehmooni
    Toee ke hamnafase hamishe avazi
    Toee ke akhare gheseye mano midooni

Age khoonam bi cheraghe cheshme to tarike
    Lahzeye yeki shodan too ayeneha nazdike

DEKLAME

Age age khoonam bi cheraghe cheshme to tarike
    Lahzeye yeki shodan too ayeneha nazdike nazdike
    I've translated this song and sent you a message.
    have fun
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez

momo_focus said:

Quote Originally Posted by nadieh View Post

also salam to the others
    i hope someone can help me, i know a song from shadmehr aghilli - setareh.. so beautifull.. but please can someone translate it for me..?? i would like to know the exact words! thank you in advance! kheyli kheyli mersi

byee besos to all
    khodahafez
    Hi Nadieh, I like the same song as well and it was one of my wedding songs too My wife is Canadian so Vanda was nice enough to translate the song for me before my 1 yr anniversary. So here it is, much thanks to Vanda for her help

Shadmehr Agili- Setareh

Dobare delam vase ghorbate cheshmat tange --- again, I'm nostalgic for your gaze's sorrow
    Dobare in dele divoone vasat del tange --- again this crazy heart is nostalgic for you
    Vaghte az to khoondane setareye taraneham --- It's time to sing about you, O my songs' Star
    Esme to baraye man ghashangtarin ahange --- your name is the most beautiful song for me

Bi to yek parandeye asire bi parvazam --- I'm a captive and featherless bird without you
    Ba to ama miresam be gholeye avazam --- but I will arrive to my melody's summit with you
    Age ta akhare in taraneh ba man bashi --- if you stay with me to the end of this song
    Vase to saghfi az ahnago seda misazam --- I'll make a roof(home) by voice and music for you

Ba ye cheshmake dobare, mano zende kon setareh --- with another wink, revive me O Star
    Nazar az nafas bioftam, toee tanha rahe chare --- don't let me to get out of breath, you are the only choice
    Ay setareh ay setareh, bi to shab noori nadare --- oh Star, oh star, the night doesn't have any light without you
    In taraneh ta hamishe to ro yade man miyare --- this song will remember me YOU, forever
    (it means: i will remember you by this song forever)

Toee ke eshghamo az negahe man mikhooni --- you read my love from my gaze
    Toee ke too tapeshe taraneham mehmooni --- you are guest in my songs' beat
    Toee ke hamnafase hamishe avazi --- you are companion for singing always
    Toee ke akhare gheseye mano midooni --- you know the end of my story

Age koocheye sedam ye koocheye barike --- If my voice's alley is a narrow alley
    Age khoonam bi cheraghe, cheshme to tarike --- If my home is lightless, cause your eyes are dark
    Midoonam akhare ghese miresi be dade man --- I know, you will come to rescue me, in the end of story
    Lahzeye yeki shodan too ayeneha nazdike --- the moment of uniteing is near, in the mirrors

Regards, MoMo