SOLVED: help identifying an anime video/song...

Thread: SOLVED: help identifying an anime video/song...

Tags: None
  1. tinkerfel said:

Red face SOLVED: help identifying an anime video/song...

ok this ones a toughy, i heard this song ages ago (we're talking a good few years) and i know i loved it but i cant remember the name of the song or the artist. i can only remember the vague narrative for the anime video. these people had rescued an angel (or at the very least a girl with angel-like wings) and there was a scene where they helped her fly again by drving in a convertible with her gliding over the top of them..

the video was really good. for some reason my head is telling me it's called castles in the sky by someone and someone... but i could be totally wrong! i've tried searching over and over and google isn't helping me at all

this has been driving me nuts for years so anyone who can help would be amazing!!

thanks

xxxx

2. takeonme79 said:

There's a song called Castles in the Sky by Ian van Dahl. I don't know the anime though so I don't know if its the correct song.

3. tinkerfel said:

nah, its not that thanks for replying though....

any other ideas people?

xxx

logan01 said:

What about "Castles in the Air" by Don McLean and Jim Croce?

5. tinkerfel said:

nope, not that either

it may not even be called that tbh... i can just remember the video. its so annoying!

thanks for the reply though xxx

atmaestro said:

Try "Both Sides Now" by Joni Mitchell (Judy Collins had a hit doing a cover)

Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air
    and feather canyons everywhere, I've looked at cloud that way.
    But now they only block the sun, they rain and snow on everyone.
    So many things I would have done but clouds got in my way.

I've looked at clouds from both sides now,
    from up and down, and still somehow
    it's cloud illusions I recall.
    I really don't know clouds at all.

7. tinkerfel said:

hehe not that either... but thanks so much for replying! i think this is a lost cause really sob sob

logan01 said:

We (I) don't want to give up on this. Was it a music video? U.S. or overseas? Cartoon? American, Japanese, other? Male / female / group singing? Did you see it on a music video tv station? What part of the world did you see it in? Was it all animated, partly, etc? Perhaps from a movie or cartoon soundtrack?

9. tinkerfel said:

it was like a japanese style anime video. all cartoon, the vague narrative is described in my original post. i saw it on the box (uk) music channel probably about 6 or 7 years ago... i've never been good at remembering how long ago i did or saw things lol

its driving me nuts cos i know i loved the video and the song!!

thank you for not giving up on me xx

logan01 said:

Let's try "Laputa, Castle in the Sky". Sounds like it meets most of your recollection. Check it out and post a response please.

11. tinkerfel said:

i dont think thats it, i've searched youtube and the video is similar but not the same but thank you

xxx

12. tinkerfel said:

bump xxx

13. ArchiFad said:

I can't believe it - I am looking for this song right now! Have you had any luck identifying it? I loved it too but don't remember as much about the video as you - I just remember it was anime and about 7 minutes long, it was on The Box a lot during the mid-90s I guess and called Castles in the Sky. But there are a lot of things called that now!! I'd love to find it again ...

14. ArchiFad said:

Oh! Thanks to your description I found it! The band was called Chage & Aska and the English title of the song was "Castles in the Air":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Your_Mark

Right off to find it on YouTube ...

15. tinkerfel said:

Wow!! This is crazy. I randomly stumbled on my thread today and I'm over the moon that you identified the song! Huge thanks to you!!

The video is beautiful just as I remembered it. Hoping one day you'll check back on this very old thread

16. ArchiFad said:

Oh that's so great!! I'm so glad you came back to the forum! I actually got an email notification about your post - I'm guessing that that wasn't an option when you first posted the question😄Occasionally I have found myself wondering if the answer ever got to you!

Well, now I'm wishing I posted the link to the YouTube video instead of the wiki article - I can find the animation with a different song, or the live performance of 'Castles in the Air' but not the two together! You must have found the video very recently - if you come back to this post again could you post a link to the video?! Thank you!! 😄😄

17. tinkerfel said:

Oh yay! I'm also pleased you came back to receive my thanks.

The only video I was able to locate was this one:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2o3p80

I'm not even sure if this was the original song I heard with the video? I was just so relieved there was someone else on this planet who knew what I was on about! Haha

18. ArchiFad said:

Haha! I know what you mean

Yeah you're right that that isn't the original song. How annoying that it seems to have vanished! Oh well, it's the animation that made it memorable anyway.