Save My World

Thread: Save My World

Tags: None
  1. Zakynthos said:

Default Save My World

frgbdzf
    Last edited by Zakynthos; 04-21-2020 at 07:29 AM.

MoonRide*r* said:

Very nice.

I almost never actually try to "hear" something that somebody else has written as a song lyric, coz whenever I pretend to write a song myself, I realize that I could score and tempo the music at least 2-3 different ways. But this also stands alone as poetry extremely well. Just for starters, it's concise but complete (like a whole book written in the space of a preamble), and very rhythmic (so I can "feel" it as a poem or song).

And beyond all that, it channels my thoughts to a place where I was about 3 years ago, back when the only thing I could write was "dark" stuff. So it hits home very nicely too (for want of a better word).

Biggie props Zakynthos, this one's definitely a keeper.
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

amaryn said:

Hi Zak! You're an optimist after all! Admitting you could have turned hope and belief down you didnot. Great!
    But peace of mind may not mean you gave up thinking, hoping, believing. Resignation is not what a young man should tend to believe in.
    You remember that and all is fine. That kind of peace is totally acceptable.
    Thanks Zak!

Teshka said:

Zak is back!! or maybe it's just me that's "back" idk. I have always enjoyed reading you and this is another great one. I think inward reflection is often a great avenue for an accomplished writer to tap into and you really made it happen with this piece. Thank you for sharing
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

5. LooknGlass said:

Really enjoyed this. I'm a sucker for introspection in a song. Good work.

6. Zakynthos said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Hi Zak! You're an optimist after all! Admitting you could have turned hope and belief down you didnot. Great!
    But peace of mind may not mean you gave up thinking, hoping, believing. Resignation is not what a young man should tend to believe in.
    You remember that and all is fine. That kind of peace is totally acceptable.
    Thanks Zak!
    Amaryn, I was always optimistic rather to a greater extent. And I believe this is why my lyrics are mostly pessimistic... it's like I get rid of pessimism each time I write. Remember what Ernest Hemingway said?

There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.

7. Zakynthos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Teshka View Post
    Zak is back!! or maybe it's just me that's "back" idk. I have always enjoyed reading you and this is another great one. I think inward reflection is often a great avenue for an accomplished writer to tap into and you really made it happen with this piece. Thank you for sharing
    Yes, I'm back for good! Thanks. It really means a lot.

8. Peter Both said:

I enjoyed this song greatly. What's so good about this one is the sense of spritual growth. At the end of the song you're at a different place than at the beginning. I think this song needs very little music. Just an acoustic guitar and a little percussion. Or do you have something entirely different in mind? (like an epic rock opera in the best Jim Steinman tradition)