Perfectly Simple

Thread: Perfectly Simple

Tags: None
  1. Kerri Faye Yates's Avatar

    Kerri Faye Yates said:

    Default Perfectly Simple

    The daylight breaks, itís oh so beautiful.

    Just like the colors of your soul.

    Inside Iím fragile, a tangled mess coming unglued,

    But with you, my shattered world disappears.

    You take me by the heart,

    Tell me itís okay.

    Be my ever after,

    Please tell me that youíll stay.

    I canít explain this feeling,

    I just know that itís you.

    You make me feel alive again,

    My wildest dream coming true.

    Youíre perfectly simple and simply perfect.

    The sun sets, it steals my breath,

    Just like the light in your eyes.

    Sometimes I feel unworthy, undeserving, unloved.

    But you take that all away.

    When you look me in the eyes,

    And confess your adoration,

    Itís then I know that itís you.

    You are my future,

    My pride, my fairytale prince.

    You are my home,

    My saving grace, my safe and sound.

    Youíre perfectly simple and simply perfect.
    ~Kerri Faye
     
  2. Doug Denslowe's Avatar

    Doug Denslowe said:

    Default

    Well,well,well!This is a change of pace!No more "I got burned!"Although I like this,as usual,I really love the lines that rhyme.I hope this gets some feedback,you're a writer that needs some recognition!
     
  3. Kerri Faye Yates's Avatar

    Kerri Faye Yates said:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Well,well,well!This is a change of pace!No more "I got burned!"Although I like this,as usual,I really love the lines that rhyme.I hope this gets some feedback,you're a writer that needs some recognition!
    Thank you This is actually something I wrote for my amazing boyfriend a couple months after we started dating
    ~Kerri Faye
     
  4. Doug Denslowe's Avatar

    Doug Denslowe said:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerri Faye Yates View Post
    Thank you This is actually something I wrote for my amazing boyfriend a couple months after we started dating
    I just hope the "other" ones weren't written a couple of more months down the line!
     
  5. Kerri Faye Yates's Avatar

    Kerri Faye Yates said:

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    I just hope the "other" ones weren't written a couple of more months down the line!
    Haha! Nope, mostly about an ex before this great fella!
    ~Kerri Faye
     
  6. andreasfromUSA's Avatar

    andreasfromUSA said:

    Default

    A simple poem which expressed a multitude of emotions. I remember having those feelings once. Nice work, very open and honest without trying to contrive.