It's Magic
    MmmmMmmmMmmmMmmm
    It's Magic
    MmmmMmmmMmmmMmmm
    It's Magic................
    It's Magic................
    Fade out repeating

Written 2001
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 11-13-2013 at 10:05 PM.

2. LooknGlass said:

Nice Doug, I get a melody for this, just by reading it (don't know if it's the same as yours) Nothing like love to make a man sing.....or run ..Each has their day. Good work dude, keep'em comin.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by LooknGlass View Post
    Nice Doug, I get a melody for this, just by reading it (don't know if it's the same as yours) Nothing like love to make a man sing.....or run ..Each has their day. Good work dude, keep'em comin.
    It's probably the same melody as yours;that's why I posted it in the way I did.It's a slow deep felt love song.Thanks for the reply!

StripedSweater said:

I found the line "barefoot dancing" do be vey cute for some reason. Bravo! You did good!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by StripedSweater View Post
    I found the line "barefoot dancing" do be vey cute for some reason. Bravo! You did good!
    Yeah,I like that line as well;instead of "dancing barefoot"!I'm so clever......Seriously,this is one of the songs I'm most proud of.Thanks for replying!

6. Peter Both said:

Very nice, gentle lyrics. Two very diverse songs sprang to mind as I read the lyrics. Falling by Julee Cruise (from the Twin Peaks soundtrack) and Love You More by the Dutch band Racoon. I like the "jasmine incense" in particular. This song appeals to all the senses.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Both View Post
    Very nice, gentle lyrics. Two very diverse songs sprang to mind as I read the lyrics. Falling by Julee Cruise (from the Twin Peaks soundtrack) and Love You More by the Dutch band Racoon. I like the "jasmine incense" in particular. This song appeals to all the senses.
    This was the first song that I wrote lyrics to an existing melody.My guitarist was playing the most amazing part I ever heard him play.I asked him if he'd written lyrics.He told me to write some as he went to his job.I'd written these by the time he returned that night.This is the one song that really needs to be heard rather than read.Unfortunately,it looks like it won't be for a long time,if ever.Thanks for the reply,Peter,I appreciate it!

I just checked out Love You More.That's faster than my song."Magic" is slower,with pauses.More like
    a Joni Mitchell song.I'll have to find a song with a similar melody,if I can find one.The Song
    "Woodstock" by Joni Mitchell is what comes to mind,but I'll find something else if possible.

"Falling" is the same speed,much closer than "Love You More"."Magic" has it's own vibe,but if I find something closer,I'll let you know here,in an update!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 11-15-2013 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Woodstock comment

Johnb31 said:

I like this doug it's simple in yet eloquent the lines flow amazingly well, I'm sure this song sounds perfect when played and sung to a rhythm. Nice work on this one I wish I could hear it.
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    I like this doug it's simple in yet eloquent the lines flow amazingly well, I'm sure this song sounds perfect when played and sung to a rhythm. Nice work on this one I wish I could hear it.
    This song lyric was a song being played when I had a band.But,like Ghostrider and Louie the Lip has received very little as far as replies go.It's ironic that the three best songs,to be heard,translated worst as far as response goes!Oh well,if I ever do post them on YouTube,I guess I'll get the resonse that these songs deserve.I'm waiting for the right guys and the right studio to record these.I'll not put on something I'm not proud of,but whether that day ever comes is still up in the air.........

Johnb31 said:

Doug are you a secretly famous musician who goes by the name Doug

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    Doug are you a secretly famous musician who goes by the name Doug
    No,just a secret musician!

Johnb31 said:

Ahhhhh I see

13. Zakynthos said:

Doug...

For some reason, Fantasyland Magic at some points reminds me of "Raven Beauty of the Night". To be honest, just "Magic" sounds better as a title to me.. On the other side, I'm not a native English speaker, so I may be wrong about the title. Also, I fail to hear a melody of the background vocals and of the mmss, which I believe is normal for just a reader. It'd be great if I could listen to a recorded version of this and download it from iTunes even if I'm not so sure if our music tastes converge. Lastly, I love this lyric and I really mean it. And it's definitely one of your best and my favourites.

14. tom collins said:

dude sweet write and would love to hear the music with it !!! damn sweet ,
    rock on !!!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zakynthos View Post
    Doug...

For some reason, Fantasyland Magic at some points reminds me of "Raven Beauty of the Night". To be honest, just "Magic" sounds better as a title to me.. On the other side, I'm not a native English speaker, so I may be wrong about the title. Also, I fail to hear a melody of the background vocals and of the mmss, which I believe is normal for just a reader. It'd be great if I could listen to a recorded version of this and download it from iTunes even if I'm not so sure if our music tastes converge. Lastly, I love this lyric
    and I really mean it. And it's definitely one of your best and my favourites.
    Zak,actually "Magic" is the name of this song.I put "Fantasyland Magic" so I could goggle it.If I named it simply "Magic" it'd be one of a hundred songs with that name.As it turns out,putting Fantasyland in front didn't help,it doesn't come up when I google it.As far as the rthym,it's very similar to Raven Beauty of the Night;slow and pleading.If I ever am able to get this recorded,I'll let you know,but it doesn't look like anytime soon.

jessie zuppo said:

Doug,

Oh this is SO YOU! What I really love about you as both an individual and as a songwriter/poet is that you embrace old-fashioned, yet timeless notions of romance. This song could be integrated and polished to work in practically any genre.

Even though you often write love songs...each song has it's own uniqueness. I never bore of reading your work...like I've said time and time again- you have a gift.
    This was delightful to read!
    -Jessie

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Zak,actually "Magic" is the name of this song.I put "Fantasyland Magic" so I could goggle it.If I named it simply "Magic" it'd be one of a hundred songs with that name.As it turns out,putting Fantasyland in front didn't help,it doesn't come up when I google it.As far as the rthym,it's very similar to Raven Beauty of the Night;slow and pleading.If I ever am able to get this recorded,I'll let you know,but it doesn't look like anytime soon.
    Zak, I too felt that a more simple title of "Magic" would have been better- the title instantly made me think of Disneyland. However, that visual could be a metaphor to the relationship with this woman- perhaps it was like a rollercoaster.

I do disagree with you about the melody. It's there. And I think that it's one of Doug's more melodic pieces.
    I think that the similarity to Raven Beauty of The Night is the fascination that Doug has with hair, lol. Both Raven and this piece speak lovingly of the hair and hair color and then Doug takes that imagery and uses the color to enhance the rest of his lyrics. That's a very unique and difficult skill to master.

Lastly, one of the things that is awesome about all of Doug's pieces is that he makes it look effortlessly. Which, as we all know, creative writing takes great effort, concentration patience with ourselves, frustration and (quite honestly) a natural born gift.