what does 'bekhoda asheghetam' mean?

Thread: what does 'bekhoda asheghetam' mean?

Tags: None

dazedNpuzzl3D said:

Default what does 'bekhoda asheghetam' mean?

does bekhoda asheghetam mean " i swear to god i love you" if so can you simply just say it to a loved one ? just out of curiosity ^_^

2. sooz said:

Quote Originally Posted by dazedNpuzzl3D View Post
    does bekhoda asheghetam mean " i swear to god i love you" if so can you simply just say it to a loved one ? just out of curiosity ^_^
    Hi,

I'm not Iranian but I do know this expression. dooset daram is the first way to say "I love you", but ashegetam is a much more intimate way of saying it, as far as I understand it. And yes bekhoda means I swear or more correctly, I swear to God.

Cheers...
    sooz

dazedNpuzzl3D said:

Quote Originally Posted by sooz View Post
    Hi,

I'm not Iranian but I do know this expression. dooset daram is the first way to say "I love you", but ashegetam is a much more intimate way of saying it, as far as I understand it. And yes bekhoda means I swear or more correctly, I swear to God.

Cheers...
    sooz
    thank you very much!! ^_^ appreciate it where'd you learn by the way? annnnnd do you know any more

4. sooz said:

Quote Originally Posted by dazedNpuzzl3D View Post
    thank you very much!! ^_^ appreciate it where'd you learn by the way? annnnnd do you know any more
    I started being curious about translations when I started listening to Persian music just over a year ago. I only got a word here and there in the beginning. Slowly, slowly I learned more words.

Now I have a friend in Tehran so I'm learning a little more here and there although he wants to speak English all the time! I also have the Pimseleur Persian language series which I'm trying to work though. It's very limited but good for what it does. I would like to learn lots more but I have so little time! I think to learn a language you have to practice it quite a lot, and I have no one nearby who can assist. I can string a few words together these days but it's very limited.

If you want to learn with Persian script you can go to Easy Persian - Free Online Farsi Language Lessons, MP3 Music, and Chat!

I can't seem to master the Persian alphabet - I had enough trouble with Hebrew which I still can't read properly, so I decided I'd only learn Persian with the Roman alphabet, so I'd learn faster. But I'm still learning too slowly!

Sooz

5. nadieh said:

salam sooz, how are you?
    right now i am listening to aghebat :-) i like bllack cats.. first of all, i am very sorry i haven´t responsed to your story about the way how you got in contact with farsi.. it seems to me it is very cool to have such an ´internet relationship´ with someone from iran and besides that it is a great way to learn farsi i think..
    i am crazyyyy about persian music!! i love so many songs! and it is nice to listen to songs and then to recognize words..! and because of the translations of our beautifull vandi we are able to understand the whole meaning behind a song, and i love it!!

6. nadieh said:

..speaking of my dear vandi.. you had also a problem with your Internet? :-((((((
    aaah! poor you! and i know exactly how it feels like! (not gooood) :-( but now it is fixed? i hope it for you.. at the moment i am very busy with my work.. right now we have summerholidays of college so i am working a lot.. as far as i can i am trying to read al the replies every day..
    aah vandi i miss you! are you okay dokhtare man?
    and how is laura?? khoobi?
    much loveeeee NADIEH TOPOLY

7. nadieh said:

and of course WELCOME to all new people here which i haven´t welcomed yet:
    yanananda, nooran, persian pantea and ilhana! :-)

Vanda said:

yes Nadieh joon, unfortunately I still have problem with my internet service, I wanna change it and I think it would take 4-5 days...
    I know you can understand me, the life is easily impossible without internet!!! or at least I think so...
    I miss miss miss miss you alllllll
    welcome to our new members and tnx to dear Pantea for translations, brilliant...
    now I have to go...
    I LOVE YA ALL
    Vanda
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez

dazedNpuzzl3D said:

Quote Originally Posted by sooz View Post
    I started being curious about translations when I started listening to Persian music just over a year ago. I only got a word here and there in the beginning. Slowly, slowly I learned more words.

Now I have a friend in Tehran so I'm learning a little more here and there although he wants to speak English all the time! I also have the Pimseleur Persian language series which I'm trying to work though. It's very limited but good for what it does. I would like to learn lots more but I have so little time! I think to learn a language you have to practice it quite a lot, and I have no one nearby who can assist. I can string a few words together these days but it's very limited.

If you want to learn with Persian script you can go to Easy Persian - Free Online Farsi Language Lessons, MP3 Music, and Chat!

I can't seem to master the Persian alphabet - I had enough trouble with Hebrew which I still can't read properly, so I decided I'd only learn Persian with the Roman alphabet, so I'd learn faster. But I'm still learning too slowly!

Sooz
    i use that website! it's very useful and i absolutely love learning parsi ^_^ i don't know much but just enough to survive i guess but i'm guessing hebrew is alittle more difficult, you say, to learn well in any way thank you i appreciate it!