Any 80's Club/Disco song expert please !!

Thread: Any 80's Club/Disco song expert please !!

Tags: None
  1. Mobaymark said:

Default Any 80's Club/Disco song expert please !!

I have this song on an old tape, but cannot find out it's title or artist. Asked every DJ I know and it stumps them too.

mid 80's Club/Disco song with a powerful bass line. Female lead vocalist with female backup singers.

Starts out:

We can't talk about it
    What is done is done
    What's the use in doubting
    When we've both been wrong

and then Chorus:

Don't wanna stop
    (...garbled...)
    take me to the top
    (let's make connection)
    Don't wanna stop
    (sweet perfection)
    Take me to the top
    (take me to the top)

This has been a 5 year search !!

2. zampa said:

Group & title song: Advance‎– Take Me To The Top
    Label: X-Energy Records
    Format: Vinyl, 12", 33 ⅓ RPM
    Released: 1982
    Genre: Italian disco (80)

Producer, Arranged By, Mixed By– D. Raimondi & A. Ugolini
    Written-By– D. Raimondi, Abacab, I. Spagna, L. Wesley (tracks: A), W. Patterson (tracks: A)

Hope to be usefull.

Ciao
    Zampa

cbwillallen25 said:

If you want to listen to it here's a link. zampa got it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McsFgDxWRMM

Mixalopoulos said:

Quote Originally Posted by cbwillallen25 View Post
    If you want to listen to it here's a link. zampa got it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McsFgDxWRMM
    Hi Will, the OP Mobaymark, joined 10-15-2006, made one post and has never been back since.
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

cbwillallen25 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mixalopoulos View Post
    Hi Will, the OP Mobaymark, joined 10-15-2006, made one post and has never been back since.
    Very good point there Mix. I guess the only thing is if he still had the same e-mail and got notification and looked, which may not happen.

6. pianoman74 said:

Well I've heard it many times "come on, that was posted 6 years ago, so it's certainly not worth the trouble".

WRONG. It actually IS.
    Because even after a decade, other people searching for the same song may find the lyrics bits posted above via Google, and can skip the idea of posting a song ID request themselves since they find the answer in one of these threads. Trust me on my word, this has been happening quite frequently on here through the years.
    However, this must not be generalized for all threads, obviously; it will only apply to those that do have said lyrics bits.
    Last edited by pianoman74; 09-17-2012 at 11:47 AM.