and our eyes trail off each other...

Yet not speaking,
    we exchange volumes of understanding,
    nuances, filled telepathic words
    Reminding of past boundaries
    now secluded, now rail-guarded

desolate country lanes.

Doug Denslowe said:

DEEP!When I first read this,the line,"Now we are sane"I read as ,"Now we are the same"!!Just wanted to let you know, again, you never disappoint!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 12-26-2013 at 03:39 PM.

curiosity_kills_the_cat said:

Thank you Dougg...thought it was fitting to mark my return to ATL(never left totally though). Merry Christmas(also to your Marley-loving sister)

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by curiosity_kills_the_cat View Post
    Thank you Dougg...thought it was fitting to mark my return to ATL(never left totally though). Merry Christmas(also to your Marley-loving sister)
    One of the things I like about your poetry,it needs to be revisited every so often.It never says the same thing twice.Mine,on the other hand,is not up for interpretation.I come back to your stuff for both enjoyment and education.Your style is,without doubt,unique.I loves it!Keep it coming,I'll keep on reading and thinking!

curiosity_kills_the_cat said:

Now the "cold days" are blowing in fast.

Doug Denslowe said:

Cold nights too!My hands were so cold tonight when I went to practice.........It was actually hard to play certain things.Usually I'm overheated playing as hard and manic as I do.They (my band)expects me to play every song like it's being performed in front of crowds.No "taking it easy" allowed.So almost 3 years later you reply to my post!I now get alerts on the poems I commented on. I hope you have a nice holiday even if where you're at doesn't have any upcoming!In the U.S.of A we celebrate Thanksgiving.I think it's a holiday where we celebrate stealing the Natives land,formerly called Indians.Seriously,it's supposed to honor a day that the settlers and the "Indians" broke bread together and shared a Thanksgiving dinner.(At least that what I think I was taught in first or second grade)What they're told now is anyone's guess!P.S. I read your poem yet again........it never fails to blow my mind!