Lyric help..Please..Couple of Kids (Lost on the Road)

Thread: Lyric help..Please..Couple of Kids (Lost on the Road)

Tags: None

coral834 said:

Default Lyric help..Please..Couple of Kids (Lost on the Road)

hey there.. im kinda bummed here. i wrote this song last year and am still stuck.... it has a Toby Kieth bullets in the gun sound....kinda..or maybe a better comparison would be Cory Morrows "Love me like you use to"

i really need help with the bridge..looking to tell another part of the two kids story, maybe something contrasting to the verses or possibly shed a little more light on their crazy and wild ride??????

..any help would be greatly appreciated..also any comments on the song are more than welocme....thanks so much

Couple of Kids (Lost on the Road)
    Jeff Coral 2012
    Key C#

1: the town was small and I don’t know how you came up on me girl you spun me around
    You looked me in the eye said hang on tight, don’t you know boy you’re in for the ride of your life
    So I grabbed my tequila and shot it down Jumped in the truck girl and we left town
    We tore down the road shooting gravel in the sky Don’t you know you’re in for the ride of your life

Pre Chorus: You and me running around no there aint no turning around

Chorus:
    Oh the breeze kicks up and the sun goes down
    Wild side comes out as we hit town
    We hit it hard with nowhere to go
    Just a couple of kids getting lost on the road
    Couple of kids getting lost on the road

2: we set fire to the sky it was a roaring blaze we jumped off the roof and ran for the gate
    Them town folk stood idly by They scratched their heads and they wondered why
    We jumped back in the truck sped across kings creek them town folk and police oh they’re bringing heat
    We killed the lights we held our breath, they turned right oh and we turned left

Bridge:???

2. RockinRustle said:

Just two hundred miles to the border
    Freedom was in our sight
    We lived for the moment
    That night we began
    To live for the thrill of the ride

Take it or leave it, just an idea

coral834 said:

right on brother thanks for the reply and words..i think i can def use it and turn it in to a bridge

Doug Denslowe said:

RockinRustle has come up with a great verse.I think it would work well with what you already wrote!

coral834 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    RockinRustle has come up with a great verse.I think it would work well with what you already wrote!
    i agree. as soon as i get home later on today im going to re visit and put to the pen to the paper