But I know it’s for the best,
    For me to go away.
    Can’t put love to the test,
    When it wasn’t ours to stay.
    Can’t wonder about the rest,
    I’m taking a leap of faith.
    ~Kerri Faye

Doug Denslowe said:

Holy $#!% this is great!This is why you've become the new "it" girl on this site!You know how to write great verses!This has rock and roll stank all over it!This rocks hardcore!Wow,Kerri,you continue to amaze!(Candidate for Song of the Month)

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Holy $#!% this is great!This is why you've become the new "it" girl on this site!You know how to write great verses!This has rock and roll stank all over it!This rocks hardcore!Wow,Kerri,you continue to amaze!(Candidate for Song of the Month)
    You make me feel so awesome. Thanks so much
    ~Kerri Faye

Justin Sylver said:

I'm getting an Aaron Lewis (Staind) vibe. If you haven't already come up with a melody, I'd suggest doing so because this song could go places.

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sylver View Post
    I'm getting an Aaron Lewis (Staind) vibe. If you haven't already come up with a melody, I'd suggest doing so because this song could go places.
    I loooove Staind! Man, it's time likes these I wish I could play guitar! Thanks Justin
    ~Kerri Faye

Justin Sylver said:

I especially like Aaron Lewis' cover of What Hurts The Most. Do you listen to the band Cold? Learning to play the guitar is easy if you start out with Three Days Grace, Green Day, etc. Most of their songs are relatively simple (which isn't a bad thing).

Kerri Faye Yates said:

I especially like Aaron Lewis' cover of What Hurts The Most. Do you listen to the band Cold? Learning to play the guitar is easy if you start out with Three Days Grace, Green Day, etc. Most of their songs are relatively simple (which isn't a bad thing).
    I will definitely have to check that out! I've only heard one song by Cold, but I may just have to look into it! Actually, I reeeally wanted to learn Never Too Late on guitar. I love that type of music!
    ~Kerri Faye

Justin Sylver said:

Never Too Late was the first song I learned, actually. Most of my songs were written for that type of music. Cold has a few songs in particular that I feel stand well above the rest. Feel It In Your Heart and Tell Me Why to name my favorite two. The one gripe I have with a lot of bands is that they don't know how to properly balance the volume between the instruments and vocals.

9. Peter Both said:

If there was a Rock 'n Roll Hall of fame for opening lines, I would nominate this song. It paints a complete picture and yet you want to read/hear more. It's as good as "Pretty women are walking with gorilla's down my street" (Joe Jackson, 'Is She Really Going Out With Him'), which is my favorite.
    Great job, Kerri, 2014 could turn out to be your year!!

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Never Too Late was the first song I learned, actually. Most of my songs were written for that type of music. Cold has a few songs in particular that I feel stand well above the rest. Feel It In Your Heart and Tell Me Why to name my favorite two. The one gripe I have with a lot of bands is that they don't know how to properly balance the volume between the instruments and vocals.
    That's fantastic! When I get home I'll definitely look them up and let you know what I think I definitely agree!
    ~Kerri Faye

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Both View Post
    If there was a Rock 'n Roll Hall of fame for opening lines, I would nominate this song. It paints a complete picture and yet you want to read/hear more. It's as good as "Pretty women are walking with gorilla's down my street" (Joe Jackson, 'Is She Really Going Out With Him'), which is my favorite.
    Great job, Kerri, 2014 could turn out to be your year!!
    Thanks so much Peter! I'm crossing my fingers
    ~Kerri Faye