Some Vocabulary

Thread: Some Vocabulary

Tags: None
  1. Sunshinehu said:

Default Some Vocabulary

Hola Laura!

Me llamo Safia y soy de India.
    Sí, sé poco español. Muy poco.

Me gusta español! You know, it was the 1st foreign language I was interested in.Oh I hope what I wrote wasn't wrong.Sorry if I murdered your language.
    Yes, you are right, I am a girl.Well, Sunshine+hu has a long story behind it.I'll just say that all of my friends add a hu to their names.

Btw, your previous post was really looooooonnnngg.But thanks, I wanted to know the meaning of certain words and I could find them in your post.

See ya!

2. Sunshinehu said:

Hey Masood,

Thank you so much for the translation I really appreciate the fact that you did it inspite of being busy. Sorry for the trouble.

Yes, your translation helped a lot. Just that, what exactly is 'khaterkham' and 'hamzabune'?

3. mithridates said:

Default I would be glad if I could help anyone in Farsi

especially native English speakers who can help in English

E-mail address: mithridates2006@yahoo.com

Ecoliqua said:

Default Some Vocabulary

Hola Sunshinehu :-)

your spanish was perfect! I understood everything. Yes, I know that my thread was long... I even think I have bothered Masood :-( Sorry Masood... This is just a lyrics forum and not a language course. Is just that I am too curious... I sing those songs everyday and and actually I sing many things without understanding the meaning, so I preffer to know what i am saying.

Masood, honestly, if it was too much just skip it. I will ask you some other songs (translated in the conventional way). I also would like you to tell me which songs do you like. I believe it has to be more pleasant to translate songs that you like...

By the way Sunshinehu (and thanks for the explanation), are you still studying spanish?

Hasta luego (till later),

Laurahu ;-)

5. Cyrus The Great said:

Default Hello to the great people of this thread

And a special thank to Laura because of staring this thread....I really love you people! Especially because here everyone respects the others and appreciate their efforts for helping.
    Dear Laura, you should excuse me because I didn’t answer to your last post, I did read it and it was so much useful hon!
    But the problem is that these days I’m dying because of my exams [3 ones are left!!!] and since I wanted to give you a complete answer I decided to do it later, but I accept that I should have thanked you because of your useful notes. I’m really ashamed of myself!
    Salma! I apologize for confusing “baran” with “baroon”, actually I had heard the song before but didn’t know its name. I will do it ASAP. Again wish Vanda were here...

Sunshinhu……. You’re welcome luv!
    Khaterkhah: خاطرخواه
    Khater: means Mind/Thought/Heart
    Khah=khahan(خواهان) : means Aspirant/Eager/Liker/hungry/
    Khaterkhah literally means something like: mind-liker/wanter but here mind/thought… means everything about the person not just Mind/idea…,we call it “Majaz” in our literature I think it is “imagery” in English but I’m not sure, so a khater khah, wants/loves everything about her/his beloved [not the thoughts of the beloved one]
    So khater khah means= Fan/Enchanted/Nut/ Amorous …
    Khaterkhah is noun and adjective the verb is: 1.Khater khah boodan [boodan: to be] 2.khater-e kasi [kasi: sb] ra khastan [khastan: to want] = literally wanting the "KHATER" of sb. The meanings are the same: to be a fan of [sb/sth]/ to be nuts about/ to be enchanted…
    Finally “Khaterkhaham” is exactly the same az “khaterkhah hastam”[ remember "khater khah boodan"?] it means I am eager/amorous…..the colloquial form is “khaterkham” that in the song “Behnaz” this one is used “ badjoor khaterham”
    Clear?

Hamzaboon:
    Ham: it is a prefix, means: -mate/same~~some examples to make it more clear:
    Kelas: class, ham-kelas: classmate/ otagh: room, ham-otagh: roommate

Zaboon: the formal form is Zaban: tongue
    Hamzaboon literally means “tongue-mate”!!!! but the real meaning: hamzaboon is someone that talk with you and you can easily talk with him/her, he/she is closely connected with you and of course accompany you.
    Some Synonyms: Hamzaboon/ hamsokhan/ hamdam/ hamnafas/hamneshin/ mosaheb: all of them means: Companion/Compeer/Friend/Mate
    Hamzaboon-e: you face this “e” a lot in Farsi but it is not a part of words, we call it “naghsh namay-e ezafe” and it is used to connect words together. It is exactly like “of” in English:
    Hamzaboon-e man: the companion of me: my companion.
    Another example
    Dar: door~~ khane: house
    Dar-e Khane: “Dar” of the “Khane”: the door of the house/ the house's door.

I hope it would help you to understand the meaning of these two words better, I think it is clear but if you had any question just let me know.

Have a nice day

bratadishtar said:

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoliqua View Post

I do not know this song from Enrique Iglesias :-)... Maybe I am like Ashoori and Bratadishtar (I wrote Bratadishtar without looking! :-), a litle bit old fashioned for music.
    Haha GO YOU! lol.
    Sheikhani rigdit oomta
    Kha shima khoot kha ata.
    - Evin Aghassi

Ecoliqua said:

Default Farsi Morning

Masood, do not hurry for the translations. Please concentrate on your exams. I really dont need them now. This is just for fun and should not interfire in you studies. Do it when you have the time. :-) I dont mind you to do first other requests that are shorter. I also learn with the others.

Meantime, I have answered myself some of my questions:

I think this "-ye" is similar to the "-e" you add at the end of nouns to connect them together or to connect noun + adjective. As far as I have understood, you add "-e" when the word ends in a consonant sound and "-ye" when the word ends with a vowel sound.

Following your example:

*dar= door, khane= house -> dar-e khane = the door of the house*
    *khane= house, bozorg= big -> khane-ye bozorg = the big house*

other examples with "-e":

gol= flower -> gol-e
    pol= bridge -> pol-e
    mashin= car -> mashin-e

Examples with "-ye" -I just have one :-)

agha= Mr (I think??) -> agha-ye

You can read a longer explanation of this here:
    http://www.easypersian.com/farsi/lesson_23.htm

Well, hope I havent write anything wrong. As I said, Masood, do not hurry. I will keep myself entertained by self studying! ;-). But thank you too for asnwering to our messages. Without you, Persians, there this thread would not exist. We need people eager to learn and people eager to teach. And, as I said many times, you cannot imaging how, by writing some lines here, you can influence in the life of so many people. I am always talking about Iran to everybody, and spreading CDs with Iranian music to whoever I meet :-) And I can tell you that people get surprised... The concept people have here about Iran is totally different (lets say, something like Tallibans...). So, I like to break those sterotypes :-) But, for this I need your help! So, I thank you for your patient and for sharing your time with us. I thinks is Bratadishtar who had a very beautiful quotation on her profile, stating how an small bunch of people can make big changes... I like to believe we can. At least I think is our duty to try...

Have a great day,

Laura

8. Sunshinehu said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoliqua View Post
    Hola Sunshinehu :-)

your spanish was perfect! I understood everything. Yes, I know that my thread was long... I even think I have bothered Masood :-( Sorry Masood... This is just a lyrics forum and not a language course. Is just that I am too curious... I sing those songs everyday and and actually I sing many things without understanding the meaning, so I preffer to know what i am saying.

Masood, honestly, if it was too much just skip it. I will ask you some other songs (translated in the conventional way). I also would like you to tell me which songs do you like. I believe it has to be more pleasant to translate songs that you like...

By the way Sunshinehu (and thanks for the explanation), are you still studying spanish?

Hasta luego (till later),

Laurahu ;-)
    Hey Laurahu(good one!!)

I won't say i'm studying Spanish. Yeah, I still am interested to learn new words and sentences etc. The little Spanish I know, was taught to me by my cousin's friend. She's lives in Barcelona now. So my lessons have stopped but I do learn from the net. Its really helpful.
    Right now i'm into Spanish, Persian, Arabic and a few Indian languages. I wish to learn some German, Greek, Turkish and its not gonna be easy. I first need to find someone who can speak these languages! And also, not so soon as i'm already into many. So maybe in a couple of months I might get lucky!

Good day!!

9. Sunshinehu said:

Oh Masood!

Your exams are still going on? Well, good luck with them.
    As for your explanations, I understood the meaning completely. It was great. Thanks buddy. You must've put in a lot of time in it I guess. Well, it truly wasn't more important than your studies. So, thank you for your kindness.

Cya!

10. Sunshinehu said:

Vandaa azizam,

Missing u dear. Believe it or not the forum looks dull without you. I hope you are feeling much better now. Hope to see you around soon

Take Care

11. Eussuf said:

I've been trying to teach myself Farsi and I've found everyone's translations really helpful. Kheili motoshakeram.

Yusuf

12. Eussuf said:

Everyone here loves you Vanda!!! Your translation and transliteration of Man amade am made my day so I'm pretty fond of you myself. Thanks so much to you and everyone else here. I've already learned so much from reading your posts.

Cheers

Yusuf

Ecoliqua said:

hi yusuf,

thanks you too for taking the time to write those nice words. Wellcome here!

I hope you stay around.

14. Sara_husby said:

Hello!

does anybody know where i can learn farsi?

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinehu View Post
    Welcome back Vandi

Have missed u a lot!
    me tooooo azizam, Safia joon :X :X

Vandi-hu
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez