some letters and sounds

Thread: some letters and sounds

Tags: None
  1. Sunshinehu said:

Default some letters and sounds

Vandiii sweeetyyyyyyyyy!!(Or shall I say Vandihu??)

I see you were doing translations the whole time yesterday. Big task wasn't it?Well, I thank you for bringing life into the forum once again!!
    And thank you also for wonderful 'Behnaz' translation.Though Masood had also done a wonderful translation.Now I have two translations to refer to

Right now I have couple of questions for you.
    How do we say 'no problem' in Persian. Like if something bad happens and I want to say, 'no problem'.
    Secondly, how to say, 'I don't care'

You remember how I used to say that the only line I understood from K&H's song was, 'Man toro mikham onaro nemikham'.Well, now I have a doubt in it!!!
    'Mikham' means 'I want' right? So why there is a 'Man' which also means, 'I or me' (if i'm not wrong). Why isn't the song just 'Toro mikham'. I hope I haven't made the question too confusing.

Last question, in Persian, غ and ق are pronouced in the same way right? So is it pronounced as غ or ق ??Or is the pronunciation different for every word?Or we can use both pronunciations as we like it?
    For eg, the word 'gham'(sorrow), is pronounced with a غ sound. Can we also pronounce it as 'qam'?Caz I don't know if something's wrong with my ears or whatsoever, but I feel in the song, 'bego mano' they are saying, 'bego kami qam(and not gham) dari bego' whereas in the 'dooset daram kheyli ziad' song they sing, 'guitar o ba gham(and not qam) mizanam'. I do hope you understood my question.No hurry for a reply as always.

Take care

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshinehu View Post
    Vandiii sweeetyyyyyyyyy!!(Or shall I say Vandihu??)

I see you were doing translations the whole time yesterday. Big task wasn't it?Well, I thank you for bringing life into the forum once again!!
    And thank you also for wonderful 'Behnaz' translation.Though Masood had also done a wonderful translation.Now I have two translations to refer to

Right now I have couple of questions for you.
    How do we say 'no problem' in Persian. Like if something bad happens and I want to say, 'no problem'.
    Secondly, how to say, 'I don't care'

You remember how I used to say that the only line I understood from K&H's song was, 'Man toro mikham onaro nemikham'.Well, now I have a doubt in it!!!
    'Mikham' means 'I want' right? So why there is a 'Man' which also means, 'I or me' (if i'm not wrong). Why isn't the song just 'Toro mikham'. I hope I haven't made the question too confusing.

Last question, in Persian, غ and ق are pronouced in the same way right? So is it pronounced as غ or ق ??Or is the pronunciation different for every word?Or we can use both pronunciations as we like it?
    For eg, the word 'gham'(sorrow), is pronounced with a غ sound. Can we also pronounce it as 'qam'?Caz I don't know if something's wrong with my ears or whatsoever, but I feel in the song, 'bego mano' they are saying, 'bego kami qam(and not gham) dari bego' whereas in the 'dooset daram kheyli ziad' song they sing, 'guitar o ba gham(and not qam) mizanam'. I do hope you understood my question.No hurry for a reply as always.

Take care
    no problem = moshkeli nist / mohem nist / eshkal nadare

I dont care = khiyali nist / baram mohem nist
    or if I want to say "don't care" to some one = bi khiyal

in persian we can use subject in the first of sentence or not, like arabic
    there is no defference between "man toro mikham" and "toro mikham"
    or another e.x "you smile" = to mikhandi / mikhandi
    :-)

ق ، غ = gh
    س ، ص ، ث = s
    ز ، ض ، ظ ، ذ = z
    ت ، ط = t
    in arabic they are different but in farsi we pronounce same ق ؛ غ and other that I wrote :-D

_____
    there is more problems? ok! so vandi is here for what Safia joon?

LOVE
    Vandihu
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez