Oesch's die Dritten Swiss Folk Songs, Swiss and English texts of

Thread: Oesch's die Dritten Swiss Folk Songs, Swiss and English texts of

Tags: melanie oesch, oesch die dritten, swiss folk music, yodel music, yodeling
  1. Noldi said:

Thumbs up Oesch's die Dritten Swiss Folk Songs, Swiss and English texts of

Hi!
    I just registered on this website. So, I'm new. I'm interest in obtaining texts of songs performed by the Oesch's die Dritten Family singers. Recently, I discover “Oesch’s Die Dritten” on YouTube. The Oesch family has renewed my love for Swiss folk music! If you haven't watched their videos on YouTube, I recommend you search for their videos on YouTube under the caption "Oesch's die Dritten". I consider them outstanding. I learned to speak the Swiss language when I went to Switzerland with my mother at age seven. When I returned to the states it took me 6 months to learn to speak English fluently again. My school set me back a half year until I could speak English fluently. As a result of listening to the Oesch family sing and researching the internet to obtain German and English texts of their songs, I'm gradually recalling my Swiss vocabulary. That's amazing, considering I'm now 82 years of age (you'll notice I don't use the "O" word. I'm too young in heart to give in to the effects of aging!)

Below is a list of the song titles for which I need written lyrics. Following each song title, I have indicated the language/s for which I still need written lyrics (e.g. “I need text in English only”, or “I need text in both German and English”):
    • Wir Sind Eine Jodlefamilie (We're a Yodel Family) – I need text in English only
    • Jodeln ist Cool (Yodeling is Cool!) - I need text in both German and English
    • Jetzt sind mier lustig (Now we're having fun) – I need text in both German and English
    • Zwoi rehbruni Ouge (I translate the English title as: Two rich-brown Eyes) – I need text in English only
    • Mei Vater is an Appenzeller (My Father is an Appenzeller) - I need text in English only
    • Ku-Ku Jodel (Ku-Ku Yodel) - I need text in English only
    • Die Berge, sind mein Zuhaus (The mountains are my home) - I need text in English only
    • Jodel-Time, Mon amour, c'est la Suisse (My loved one is Swiss) - I need text in English only
    • Mein Jodler kommt von Herzen (My yodeling comes from the heart) – I need text in both German and English
    • Reden ist Silber, jodeln ist Gold (Reading is silver, Yodeling is gold) – I need text in both German and English
    • Zungenbrecher Jodel (I translate the English title as: The Tongue Breaker Yodel) - I need text in both German and English
    • Vom Berg hallt ein Jodler (From the Mountain come a Yodler) - I need text in English only
    • Rodel Jodeler (Togaggan Yodeler) - I need text in both German and English
    • Volksmusik ist international 2010 (Folk Music is International) - I need text in English only
    • Winter Pracht (Winter Splendor) - I need text in English only
    • Ein Jodler für's Christkind (A Yodel for the Christ Child) - I need text in English only
    • Ich schenk’ dir einen Jodler (I Give You a Yodel) - I need text in English only

If anyone can be of assistance in finding such texts or translating them, I would greatly appreciate it. I didn't mention that I'm a Swiss citizen, born of Swiss parents. Our Swiss family name was "Kruesi". However, my father changed the name to Kruse when he became a U.S. citizen in 1938. I am refreshing and sharing my Swiss heritage with my family of 7 children, 19 grandkids, and 10 great-grandkids. Swiss Folk Music is part of that heritage. Watch the Oesch's die Dritten family and you'll understand why. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Noldi (the Swiss nickname for "Arnold")

Tahira said:

Wir sind eine Jodelfamilie
    Ja wir sind eine Jodlefamilie
    Drum lässt uns das Jodeln nicht los
    Bei da hat's schon begonnen
    Drum sagt auch bei uns jeder bloss

Ja wir sind eine Jodelfamilie
    Und wir jodeln aus Spass an der Freud'
    Für uns g'hört das einfach zum Leben
    Und so ist es auch wieder heut'

Der Papa spielt das Oergerlied
    Und er kann jede Melodie
    Und weil es so der Brauch
    Drum singt die mama auch

Als Jüngste da bin ich dann dran
    Ich fang so gern zu jodeln an
    Mmacht ihr auch noch mit
    Dann wird's ein Jodelhit

Ja wir sind eine Jodelfamilie
    Und wir jodeln aus Spass an der Freud'
    Für uns g'hört das einfach zum Leben
    Und so ist es auch wieder heut'

Die Brüder spielen Bassgitarr'
    Und Heinz der spielt Harmonika
    Für euch ihr lieben Leut'
    Weil's jeden freut

Jodeln is cool
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZL0kiyjbyo

Good morning Noldi,
    I have started first of all, to find the german lyrics, so it´s easier to translate them.
    From "Jodeln is cool" I only found the YouTube-Clip, but I will write down the german lyrics while listening to them.

I'll be back for further help.

Greetings from Germany
    Tahira

feuersteve said:

Grüezi Noldi;
    Ja, schwyyzerdüütsch isch ja cool! I mag schampar schwyyzer Musik!
    Wo lebsch di i d USA?

i ha dLiedr gfunge für alle

zwöi rehbruni Ouge

Ein Jodler für's Christkind

Ku Ku Jodel

Vom Berg hallt ein Jodler

Mi Vater isch en Appezeller

Enough for now.

Tahira, you can hear these better than me, can you help Noldi?
    Last edited by feuersteve; 01-23-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    Gott zur Ehr, dem nächsten zur Wehr

What if they gave a fire and nobody came.

Tahira said:

Hi Steve, great you are here as well! Thanks for your help.

Hi Noldi: here are the German lyrics for the "Jodeln is cool" song.
    By the way, should you already heave any Germany lyrics please post them here. It´s quicker to translate them, then to search the lyrics or to write them down while listening.

Jodeln is cool

Wo macht das feiern und viel Freud
    und wo ist man so gern dabei
    im Alpenland - bei uns dheim

Im Bierzelt oder auf dem Fest
    spielen wir auf Wunsch für alle Gäst'
    da wackeln dann die Bänke das ist ganz klar

Und ich sag dann das nächste Lied Euch an
    und sing' für alle meinen Jodler dann

Die Jodlerei, ja die ist gut
    da hebst du ab wie mir Red Bull (Red Bull= Energy drink)
    im Polka Tanz macht jeder mit

Die Jodlerei die geht ins Blut
    die Leute kriegen nie genug
    und alle schreien "Jodeln ist ein Hit"
    und weil´s grad passt, mach ich den Zungenschlag
    und sing noch einmal meinen Jodler dann.

feuersteve said:

Hoi Tahira, grüezi
    Gott zur Ehr, dem nächsten zur Wehr

What if they gave a fire and nobody came.