The last stage of a break up really sucks. Lyrics inspired by ANdrew Bird's

Thread: The last stage of a break up really sucks. Lyrics inspired by ANdrew Bird's

Tags: break up, broken heart, depression, love, strugglin'
  1. Geno Blevy said:

Unhappy The last stage of a break up really sucks. Lyrics inspired by ANdrew Bird's

Beyond the valley of the three white horses by Andrew Bird was the song I was listening to when I randomly started humming the chorus. I have not organized any of this and I honestly don't know why I'm posting this.

I wanna take off, i wanna get away, i wanna get away, i wanna getta away Repeat

I had her in my life, everything was great, now she's gone, and everything I hate
    Everything I hate, everything I hate, i wanna take off, i wanna get away

I used to have dinner with her family, but now another guy is there instead of me
    There laughing at his jokes and complimenting him, she looks him in the eyes and strengthens him within

Life used to be great. And now it's just a mess
    I'm struggling to clean up. I'm drowning. It's my fait

I've hit the lonely bottom. I try so hard to breathe
    my heart keeps beating faster. It's always on repeat

Some days it's peace and quiet. No waves below the sea
    Another times the silence gets the best of me

The thoughts of her undressing for him drives me insane
    I never though another would see her in that frame

The temperature gets colder but I refuse to swim
    This misery inside me is all that I have left

At one point there were many who I would intercept
    They are still the same, but I'd rather just forget

It takes a million smiles to replace one stubborn frown
    I'm looking for the quickest way to turn it upside down

Maybe one day, this punishment will stop
    Strap my body to a rocket, finally surface to the top

I wanna take off, i wanna get away, i wanna get away, i wanna getta away Repeat

I had her in my life, everything was great, now shes gone, and everything I hate
    Everything I hate, everything I hate, i wanna take off, i wanna get away

Jim Colyer said:

In this world, things start out good and go down hill from there. I've often wondered why. I think it's called "entropy."

3. kerkenat said:

This song is apparently about a breakup, but the guy is having a really hard time with it! I hope things look up for him.
    The thoughts flows nicely though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colyer View Post
    In this world, things start out good and go down hill from there. I've often wondered why. I think it's called "entropy."
    It seems like it to me too, but I think there are others who have an opposite experience in life. If not, they are really good fakers.