I'll find the right chick
    Instead of Dead Wrong

Gone are the days
    Nothing seemed to matter
    You threw it all away
    Love On A Platter

2/27/2014

This is a follow up or sequel to the song "French Fry Cool"
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 04-15-2014 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Follow up comment

Kerri Faye Yates said:

You made me blush! ahaha
    ~Kerri Faye

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kerri Faye Yates View Post
    You made me blush! ahaha
    But did you like it?I admit,I forgot a lot of the lines......I wrote it in my head on one of my strolls.But I did want to post something,so I did the best I could with what I could recall.If I waited to "remember"it all, it'd sit in a stack like the other 20 or so songs that I never finish!

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    But did you like it?I admit,I forgot a lot of the lines......I wrote it in my head on one of my strolls.But I did want to post something,so I did the best I could with what I could recall.If I waited to "remember"it all, it'd sit in a stack like the other 20 or so songs that I never finish!
    Duh!! I would have quit reading if I didnt The first 4 lines are definitely my favorite!
    ~Kerri Faye

Doug Denslowe said:

Duh!! I would have quit reading if I didnt The first 4 lines are definitely my favorite!
    Thanks Kerri!Coming from you,I feel like it must be okay.I'm a little rusty,but glad you liked it!

Kerri Faye Yates said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Thanks Kerri!Coming from you,I feel like it must be okay.I'm a little rusty,but glad you liked it!
    Oh no, you think too highly of me! Glad I decided to read it
    ~Kerri Faye

Doug Denslowe said:

Oh no, you think too highly of me! Glad I decided to read it
    I'm glad too!I hope some others take the time..............

BackInBlack said:

I love it Doug. Very clever idea and carried out in a very clever manner. It's cool as a coal miners belt buckle brother.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by BackInBlack View Post
    I love it Doug. Very clever idea and carried out in a very clever manner. It's cool as a coal miners belt buckle brother.
    Thanks BIB.Hopfeully some others will take the time to give a reply.After all,that's what this site is about;writing and commenting on others lyrics.Some just don't get that;they dump their songs,and then abandon the site "because no one gave me any feedback" forgetting they gave none themselves...........life goes on.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Another solid song, Doug. The directness of "Love On A Platter" is its strength. Also, the song flows well with a storyline beginning-middle-end. I like the ending ("You threw it all away"), a glaring juxtaposition to "I served you straight up" in the earlier refrains!

Something about the tight-knittedness of this song belies your claim that you sort of threw it together. The end result is what matters. Like Ashford & Simpson, "Solid as a rock!"

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Another solid song, Doug. The directness of "Love On A Platter" is its strength. Also, the song flows well with a storyline beginning-middle-end. I like the ending ("You threw it all away"), a glaring juxtaposition to "I served you straight up" in the earlier refrains!

Something about the tight-knittedness of this song belies your claim that you sort of threw it together. The end result is what matters. Like Ashford & Simpson, "Solid as a rock!"
    I'm flattered that you liked this;I thought there might be a line you deemed too vulgar,but I'm glad you gave it a chance!I had hoped for more comments,but again I was disappointed with my fellow writers here at ATL.I can forgive the folks,like you,who only drop in on occasion.The folks I'm pointing the finger at are the ones who post a lot and give no comments.You have been a loyal
    friend and for that,I thank you!I will always read and comment on your "stuff".(Also this is a shout out to Amaryn....you too are a friend till the end!)
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 03-28-2014 at 01:32 PM.

amaryn said:

Totally agree with Frankie there!
    This is your strength, Doug: short, witty lines, always (IMHO) very playable and probably singable.
    Trifle too nostalgic?
    No way"
    !
    Just digging up memories from Days Long Gone.
    The Flo Bro Style!

Thanks,Doug!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Totally agree with Frankie there!
    This is your strength, Doug: short, witty lines, always (IMHO) very playable and probably singable.
    Trifle too nostalgic?
    No way"
    !
    Just digging up memories from Days Long Gone.
    The Flo Bro Style!

Thanks,Doug!
    thanks for the reply Amaryn.I think this song lyric is easily put to music,as I hope most of my lyrics are.I'm glad ATL removed the Likes.........without a word of conversation from it's members.This is another assault on my senses!I'm glad I'm coming to this less frequently,the folks I need to communicate with have sent me their Emails or Twitter or Facebook accounts.

jessie zuppo said:

I llike how you brought some intimate imagery into this piece...I love "Love on a Platter" as the title and as an excellent metaphor. Knowing the narrative and background of this piece helps me understand it even better. It's short, succinct, and simple. Love it!

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by jessie zuppo View Post
    I llike how you brought some intimate imagery into this piece...I love "Love on a Platter" as the title and as an excellent metaphor. Knowing the narrative and background of this piece helps me understand it even better. It's short, succinct, and simple. Love it!

Right, Jessie! I couldn't agree more!

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks Jessie.......I'm glad I delivered a song lyric you liked!