And love's sweet melody
    I hear the chorus droning rites
    Of death compulsory

But in the path of my descent
    There's just one way to go
    Weak or bent I won't relent
    Let your cover of lightness glow

~Tess~

(creds to Monday morning blahs for this twist on the cliche 'cover of darkness')
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Frankie Jasmine said:

Oh, Tess, so well done!

The beginning of your poem made me think, "Tess, you know me on the inside!" And that is so because our poems have sometimes reflected one another's inner experiences. As I read on, however, the poem was no longer me. It was your story, your poem, your feelings, your "Monday, Monday," clearly. How I enjoy this poem in the sad (but eventually hopeful) vein and the beauty with which you wrote it. Uniquely 'Tess' and precious.

I'll be back for more readings. If not, you be sure to remind me. I want to revisit this poem many times. There is a bit of the Tess mystique to explore in it as well.

Teshka said:

Thank you so much for your comments and critique Frankie and maybe the reason why you had that "no longer" moment was because I shifted from present to past....if you notice the extra line breaks, that's a clue but of course not an obvious one and wasn't even sure that anyone would catch it, and then realize that it was deliberate rather than a mistake.

That "eventually hopeful" vein, yea I just couldn't allow myself to end this in the bottom of a pit not for myself or anyone that reads it. But it actually took me a long time to get the idea for those last simple lines. I wanted to write another verse or two, but lately I've been doing so much reading, thinking and etc, I'm afraid that I just got tired

Fear/uncertainty in the present moment, relating partly or largely to psychic damage from past experiences (don't we all have that) but refusing to let it own us.
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Teshka View Post
    Fear/uncertainty in the present moment, relating partly or largely to psychic damage from past experiences (don't we all have that) but refusing to let it own us.
    . . . and such are the unseen but painfully-felt battlescars and flashbacks of the (particularly female) veterans of this world . . . My thoughts and caring are with you.

(All I can say is the rain never helps . . . P.S. - See song "Rain Falls Out")

Teshka said:

Thank you dear Frankie and the same right back to you...and what I always try to focus on is that being a 'veteran' also means being a 'survivor'

but yea rain......I come back from 3 days in the frozen north into 2 days of hard dark rain and March wind and the temps drop from 60's to 40's and lower....bleh. makes me even more want to move to that island in the Caribbean
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Teshka View Post
    but yea rain......I come back from 3 days in the frozen north into 2 days of hard dark rain and March wind and the temps drop from 60's to 40's and lower....bleh. makes me even more want to move to that island in the Caribbean
    Ditto.