Anyone knows the name or artist?

Thread: Anyone knows the name or artist?

Tags: None
  1. Kriz said:

Question Anyone knows the name or artist?

ok here is my dilema, I can't find I song I was listening around 5-3 years ago... I don't know the name of the artist, I don't know the song name or any lyrics....all I can remember is the video, I tell you everything I know about the video.

1. The video was at night and at a Campfire, so no lights just the light from the campfire (orange light)
    2. The singer had long hair (not extremly long, but more than average), I think the hair was brown.
    3. I think the singer was skinny but he had a deep voice, when I think of it now I think the voice was a little simmilar to Johnny Cash (the Johnny Cash part may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that his voice was deep even he was somehow skinny)
    4. I think (I don't know, I just think) that the song was Acoustic.
    5. The song was somehow boring at times (my opinion, but may it helps) but sometimes the tune was very catchy (maybe the verses were boring and the refrain catchy and nice, something that won't get off your head)
    6. Just like the song "boring" (not really boring but how I said on point 5.) the singer looked also bored and tired when he sang, and just like I said above at time the song was a little boring but than the catchy rythm started or something like that.
    7. There were some scenes where the camera was filming only the half of the face of the singer (you know when the singer is close to the camera and he is singing infront of the camera, so half of his face apperas and the other half of the screen is the background)

this is everything I remember the song wasn't THAT popular, I mean it was not like Lady Gaga, Eminem popular with 200 mio views on youtube, but before 3-5 years ( I think the song was released around 2009-2012 maybe 1 year + - ... well maybe the song was older but I was the most popular back than) It had around 3 mio views I think.Also I think the song was something like Soft Rock. I think it was a Band, so not a Individual singer (solo artist)...well maybe I am wrong but I think it was a band.

If you know a song that has some of these 7 ponts i listed above (not all, just some, because some may be wrong) please write here...

Thank You

atmaestro said:

Hmm, boring looks, skinny, longish brown hair, boring song,... Kid Rock would be my first choice if this were a police line-up

May be his ripoff of Warren Zevon and Lynyrd Skynyrd, "All Summer Long"?
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. Kriz said:

No, sadly its not the artist I'm looking for, these guys (guy) was much younger and the style was more like...umm how can I tell.. somehow Wastern, I don't know why but when I think of the song I also think about Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash, I don't think that the songs are simmilar but don't know thats what pops up on my mind first :P
    Oh and the singer was shaved ( i think ) if it helps... but anyway If you know a song that has some (even a little) of the things I listened above, thank please write a comment.

Atmaster, its not the song Im looking for nor artist, but thank you for the comment

4. jp12345 said:

Your best bet is to check the history of YouTube videos on your computer (I'm assuming it was on YouTube and you have the same computer). Searching for "campfire music videos" only brings up a lot of footage of people singing songs around a campfire...

5. Kriz said:

won't work, the video with the campfire I'm talking about is the Original Official Video, the music Video was played several times on VH1/MTV...but years ago, if I knew any word about the song/artist/lyrics it would help....when I think about the song, somehow I think the name of the song/artist(band) was with Trust/Change/Wind/Fire .... but its highly poissible that I'm wrong with this :/
    Thank for your help anyway

6. bugmenot1 said:

Try this song:

"Bonfire" by Third Eye Blind
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_MvEpIpEUQ

7. Kriz said:

thank you for your help bugmenot1, but sadly its not the right one, this one by TEB is too "bright" the song I search is more darker, at night and how I said only the light from the campfire is shinning, also this song is too happy :P , the one I'm searching for is more melanhonic...I mean the voice because I don't remember lyrics, somehow like a young Johnny Cash or something at that direction, but how I said thank you for your help :3

8. Chobot said:

Could it be Kelly Family? But it is older:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBjrbVoBF9c

9. bugmenot1 said:

"Drive All Night" by NEEDTOBREATHE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC7YR11gRUQ

10. Kriz said:

bugmenot1 , still not the one :P the voice of the song iam searching is less powerful, something inbetween Johnny Cash, Crash test dummies and R.E.M (im thinking of losing my religion, the song is sometimes boring but it has something catchy like the song I search) ...but thanks for your replay again

Chobot, thanks for your comment, the Video of In love with and ailen is pretty similar ( p.s I like love with an alien a lot ) , how I said the vdieo is very similar, thats what I thought with the 1-st point "1. The video was at night and at a Campfire, so no lights just the light from the campfire (orange light)" thats exactly what I mean with orange light, the video by kelly family has the same "orange campfire lightning" just like the song I search Sadly In love with and ailen is not the song I'm searching for Thank you again for your replay and kindness to help me you

11. BlueNileFan said:

Both of these are partial matches but both were posted in 2009 and have big view numbers (30 and 23M now) so a 3M number in 2009 is probable. That's because both are well known...Oops !

Kanye West ft Young Jeezy - Amazing (2009) (spot on bonfire scenes and repetitive 'boring')

Pearl Jam - Jeremy (1991) (indirect reddish low light and flames but not boring)

12. Kriz said:

Amazing is not even close to the one im searching

but its not even jeremy, I know that song, and I like where your direction goes, pretty close to the one I search actually, as I remember the singers hair and face was vbery similar to Eddie Vedders in Jeremy (because Eddie's hair is shorter and both eddie and the singer I search for were shaved and young) also the bonfire is similar, not that shiny, very low , just enough to see the members, not more.

Thanks for your comment anyway