"I do" in Farsi

Thread: "I do" in Farsi

Tags: None
  1. urakan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoliqua View Post
    Hola David,

Thank you for all your messages. I like the way you write things. It seems you have a open and intelligent mind.
    I have not seen any iRanian movie so far (as far I as know...). I remeber that "a taste of cherry" was very popular here in Sapin, but people generally says it it unbearable! So I never saw it.

Vanda was so nice to give me some links to download Gorg o Mish (THANK YOU VANDA!) but I didnt managed to watch it yet. I have a Mac, and it seems most of those programms do not work well in my computer... I need to try harder.

Regarding Vanda not liking Iranan music and films... well, I understand the reasons ways. I am sure that if I were Iranian, I wouldnt be listening many of the songs I do listen now. For us this is a choice and an entertainment. We can freely go in and out of the iranian culture as much as we want, and that makes all the difference.
    Hola Laura,
    Thanks so much for the very nice words.
    You look very interesting with the arab headdress. I wonder how you would look with a chador...
    In regards to "A Taste of Cherry" I agree that it can be a difficult movie to watch. I read the synopsis and director's interview about the movie before I watched it so I was able to enjoy it better. I'm curious about Gorg o Mish I'll probably watch it this weekend.
    I perfectly understand Vanda about not liking Iranian movies. The head to toe covering of women even in interior scenes is beyond my comprehension. Persian women are so beautiful, it's such a shame that they are kept hidden like that.
    One thing that I have in common with Vanda is that I don't like the movies that are made in my own country either. Most movies made in Hollywood in the last few years put me to deep sleep.
    Questions: are there any persian radio stations or stations that play persian music in Spain/Madrid? Who is your favorite persian artist or group?

Saludos, David.
    Last edited by urakan; 07-20-2007 at 10:49 PM.

2. urakan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Vanda View Post
    hey David jan... thank you. mamnoon :X :X :X I really like this song too. tnx tnx tnx again
    about Helena I don't know exactly , but if I find anything about her I will share it with you :X

I've seen "range khoda" and "badkonake sefid" and "bache haye aseman" many years ago on TV. and we staudied the script of "bache haye aseman" in highschool. really impressive...
    but I donno if you've seen a film these years. e.x last year. really really bad. I can't endure it even 1 minute. you see... women have to wear scarf even in inter scans rediculously. like in home... It really makes me sick.

LOVE
    Vandi
    Vanda,
    You are very welcome

As an outsider it baffles me to see how women get treated in iran. The head to toe covering just doesn't make any sense to me. I hope that some day young progressive people like you can make all the needed changes in your society. And hopefully will start by getting rid of the chador so the whole world can see the physical beauty of persian women hidden for so many years...

David.

Ecoliqua said:

Quote Originally Posted by urakan View Post
    Hola Laura,
    Thanks so much for the very nice words.
    You look very interesting with the arab headdress. I wonder how you would look with a chador...
    Well, as a matter of fact, the men garment fit me better than the women one, maybe because you could not possible identify me! as just my eyes where show. I dont know where I have the picture, but if I find it I will post it. I remember the owner of the dresses didnt want me to wear the menīs one and was always pushing me to wear the womenīs one saying "use this, ese this, you look better...". Better?!... if you cant see anything, I thought!.

In regards to "A Taste of Cherry" I agree that it can be a difficult movie to watch. I read the synopsis and director's interview about the movie before I watched it so I was able to enjoy it better. I'm curious about Gorg o Mish I'll probably watch it this weekend.
    I havent managed yet to watch the movie either... :-(

I perfectly understand Vanda about not liking Iranian movies. The head to toe covering of women even in interior scenes is beyond my comprehension. Persian women are so beautiful, it's such a shame that they are kept hidden like that.
    I also have no words for this strange habit. Worst thing is that some people that defend this tradition, do not even realized how wrong it is. And the first step to change something is to understand that is wrong.

One thing that I have in common with Vanda is that I don't like the movies that are made in my own country either. Most movies made in Hollywood in the last few years put me to deep sleep.
    :-) with the exception of some musics and movies, I am not a great fan of the art in my country. I believe that it is part of our innate curiosity to search for things different to ours. But i perfectly understand why people generally like Spain so much.

Questions: are there any persian radio stations or stations that play persian music in Spain/Madrid? Who is your favorite persian artist or group?
    I for example use to listen new persian music (and music in general) in
    http://www.last.fm/dashboard/
    I think this service is great!

4. urakan said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoliqua View Post

I for example use to listen new persian music (and music in general) in
    Last.fm – The Social Music Revolution
    I think this service is great!
    Laura,

Thanks for the radio link. It really is great!

Saludos,

David.
    Last edited by urakan; 07-22-2007 at 04:44 PM.