a line from Hafez

Thread: a line from Hafez

Tags: None
  1. Lopey said:

Default a line from Hafez

Hello Everyone!

I came across this forum by accident and have been following it with interest for a few weeks now. Several months ago I met a fantastic guy from Iran who has changed my life and my outlook in more ways than he could ever know...that is how I came to find out a lot about Iran, and become interested in finding out more.

He has introduced me to the music of the country, both old and new, and because I wanted to understand the songs he gave me more....I did some research and here I am in this forum.

The translations here are fantastic and have made the songs come alive! It is great understanding the meaning of them, although I find Persian such a beautiful and romantic language that I loved to listen to them without understanding the words anyway, just for the lovely sound.

I would like to learn Farsi and also go to Iran, maybe next year....I think I have fallen in love with the place! It will depend on visas and things, though...could be difficult.

The people in this forum are fantastic and it's really great how we can teach each other about our different cultures and languages through this medium.

Vanda, Salam! I have a small request for you please, if I may: You know the Hafez quote in your signature: Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh - "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"? ....well, please could you give me the Persian text for this quote? I would really like to write it in Persian on a gift I give to my friend when he returns to Iran next month ( I will be sad when this happens..... :-( ), and I want to do it perfectly. I could try to work it out myself but I don't want it to be full of mistakes. I am still new to Farsi and onyl know a few words, mainly from songs/from my friend/from this forum.

The gift will be a painting I have made inspired by Hafez's poetry (similar to one of the pieces of artwork from the website Hafiz Life & Poetry @ HafizOnLove.com - حافـظ شیرازی) and I want to write the quote in Persian script at the bottom of the canvas.

You will make my day if you can do this for me!

Thankyou very much, keep up the good work everyone and I will keep reading this wonderful forum......

For now, so long everyone,

Hazel, in England xxx

Ecoliqua said:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lopey View Post
    Hello Everyone!

I came across this forum by accident and have been following it with interest for a few weeks now. Several months ago I met a fantastic guy from Iran who has changed my life and my outlook in more ways than he could ever know...that is how I came to find out a lot about Iran, and become interested in finding out more.

He has introduced me to the music of the country, both old and new, and because I wanted to understand the songs he gave me more....I did some research and here I am in this forum.

The translations here are fantastic and have made the songs come alive! It is great understanding the meaning of them, although I find Persian such a beautiful and romantic language that I loved to listen to them without understanding the words anyway, just for the lovely sound.

I would like to learn Farsi and also go to Iran, maybe next year....I think I have fallen in love with the place! It will depend on visas and things, though...could be difficult.

The people in this forum are fantastic and it's really great how we can teach each other about our different cultures and languages through this medium.

Vanda, Salam! I have a small request for you please, if I may: You know the Hafez quote in your signature: Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh - "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"? ....well, please could you give me the Persian text for this quote? I would really like to write it in Persian on a gift I give to my friend when he returns to Iran next month ( I will be sad when this happens..... :-( ), and I want to do it perfectly. I could try to work it out myself but I don't want it to be full of mistakes. I am still new to Farsi and onyl know a few words, mainly from songs/from my friend/from this forum.

The gift will be a painting I have made inspired by Hafez's poetry (similar to one of the pieces of artwork from the website Hafiz Life & Poetry @ HafizOnLove.com - ????? ??????) and I want to write the quote in Persian script at the bottom of the canvas.

Thankyou very much, keep up the good work everyone and I will keep reading this wonderful forum......

Hazel, in England xxx
    Hallo Dear Lopey/Hazel...

Well, first of all, welcome to this forum. It is an absolutely great place and you will for sure like it. And, most of all, you will learn and open your mind. Although I believe that people who ends up here has a quite open mind already.

Ooooooohhhhhhh! how lucky! everybody has persian boyfriends :-( Why are there not persian in my country?!...
    :-) I am joking, but you are lucky my friend.

I hope to see you around long.

Love,

Laura

Vanda said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lopey View Post
    Hello Everyone!

The gift will be a painting I have made inspired by Hafez's poetry (similar to one of the pieces of artwork from the website Hafiz Life & Poetry @ HafizOnLove.com - حافـظ شیرازی) and I want to write the quote in Persian script at the bottom of the canvas.

Hazel, in England xxx
    Hiiii Hezel jan... welcome deary
    here you are:
    هرگز نميرد آنکه دلش زنده شد به عشق

or Download Hafez's book (with english translation) by these links (the part -which you want- is in page 23)

Part 1 4shared.com - document sharing - download Ghazal Hafez 1.pdf

Part 2 4shared.com - document sharing - download Ghazal Hafez 2.pdf
    Hargez namirad, anke delash zendeh shod be eshgh
    "never dieth that one, whose heart is alive with love"

- Hafez

4. Lopey said:

Vanda!!! :-))))

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!! You made my day! And the Hafez book is fantastic too, I will be able to pick out a few more lines to use from it, no doubt.

Hello Laura, thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I WISH this guy was my boyfriend, but sadly this is not the case. He is just my very, very good friend who has opened my eyes up to a whole new world, and I will be so sad to see him go back to Iran (hence the gift of the painting). Although we love each other very much, as FRIENDS, our love must remain strictly platonic as he is alread married.....but in a way this is nice, as I feel we will always stay in touch with one another and our friendship will last forever. What is the saying, "lovers come and go but good friends are forever"....? Well, I hope in this case it is true.

I must say that I never thought about it before, but I have found that all the Persian guys I have met so far..and I guess that's only about 5, but hey! ;-) .....have been completely charming and extremely good looking and always fun to be around! And there is something gorgeous and different about the way they hold themselves too, and the way they walk....I know you can't generalise a whole nation like this, and I know there are many different types of people in all countries, but they are just so different from English guys that it's soooooo refreshing and I love it!!!

Laura, I was really moved to read about how you first became interested in Arabic culture....how sad, I am so sorry about your boyfriend. But it seems you are an amazing and vibrant person who would not let anything make her miserable for long, and it is great that you have such a keen interest in other cultures and such an appetite for learning. At least something good came out of something tragic.

Anyway, for now so long people and I look forward to reading more Farsi tomorrow! xx