Mid 1990's slow rock song, from the U.S. Searched for since 1996

Thread: Mid 1990's slow rock song, from the U.S. Searched for since 1996

Tags: None
  1. TintinBlue said:

Default Mid 1990's slow rock song, from the U.S. Searched for since 1996

I'm from the UK and I would absolutely feel like an uncertain part of my life was complete if somebody on here could help me identify this song. In 1996, when I was 7 years old I loved this song and have not been able to find out what it was called ever since. It was quite a slow melodic guitar rock track (I believe from the U.S) with lyrics that went something like "Let laughs be only on meeeee *guitar riff* like a tear to a child was... *guitar riff* let laughs be only on me... let laughs be on me...." I've absolutely no idea whether these are the correct lyrics but we are looking around the 1996-1997 time. I consider myself quite good at finding songs for people and will endeavor to do so when I can on this forum but this song has always defeated me!!

Without trying to sound melodramatic, I HATE that this song is unknown to me and not a part of my life. I know it's out there. Please help!!!!

atmaestro said:

The song that comes immediately to mind is "Laughing" by Guess Who but it was released in 1969.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

atmaestro said:

Also try "Dancing in the Dark" by Bruce Springsteen (1984)

You sit around getting older there's a joke here somewhere and it's on me
    I'll shake this world off my shoulders come on baby the laughs on me

4. TintinBlue said:

atmaster, unfortunately neither of these songs are right. I'm only 70-80% sure the words 'laughing' or 'laughs' appear in the song. And they appear in the chorus. I know 'Dancing in the Dark' by Springsteen well so I know it isn't that! I may try and record a soundbite tonight of how I think it sounds and link here...

5. Claybricks said:

Your description, not your lyrics, remind of this hit song from 1969

Bread - It Don't Matter To Me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl7U2jy1wMQ

Dan

atmaestro said:

Male or female vocals?