please help me translate this conversation

Thread: please help me translate this conversation

Tags: None
  1. SurfinBear said:

Default please help me translate this conversation

Hi all,

My girlfriend is from Bosnia, and she's been talking with another guy that still lives there (she now lives in the US). She says that they're just talking as friends and it's nothing to be worried about. But I recognize certain words like 'ljubav' and other simple words.

Anyways, I got a hold of a recent texting session they had and confronted her. She says that GoogleTranslate just butchers the language, and I'm taking everything too literal and doesn't pick up subtle nuances.

Is the conversation below as innocent as she wants me to believe, or should I be packing my things to leave?

"Him: Ne dam bona ovaj sevdah nikome. Od tebe je,ja i njeg grlim!

Her: ne odustaješ od mene? od nas? mislila sam da sam te izgubila..

Him: Kako bona da odustanem od tebe kada si ti u meni. Živiš samnom u svemu.

Her: moje srce i duša znaju koliko te želim.. u svaku si se poru uvukao, vjeruj u mene, u nas.

Him: I ja tebe želim. Srce vjeruje,duša se nada.

Him: Razmišljam...s njim si,daleko si od mene hiljadama kilometara,druga zemlja. Toliko toga je protiv mene,a šta ja imam. Imam vjeru u nas,jednu jedinu stvar s kojom se borim protiv svega toga. Tako čvrsto je držim,poput mača. Vjeru koju crpim od našeg prvog pogleda. Ono što jesmo i ono što možemo biti. Ljubav. Znaš li šta znači trebati nekog,al' ono uistinu ga trebati? Kao ja tebe? Oboje znamo da ovo između nas nije obićno. Zar ne osjetiš kako nam vrijeme sudi kako nismo zajedno? Muči nas vremenima sadašnjosti i budućnosti. Zar ne osjetiš spokoj barem i kad misliš o meni u budućnosti? Misliti o sreći je skoro kao i sama sreća. Mi možemo završiti na stotinu načina,ali se uvijek svodi na dva. Jedan je pogrešan,drugi je ispravan. Razmisli."

Thanks a lot,
    Jeff

twer said:

No, this is not an innocent conversation and they talk about the love they had once. He is trying to persuade her that he has never stopped loving her and they belong to each other..... he is pressing her, she is hesitative, wishy-washy, but it seems he'll win her over if he continues with this sweet talk. He's manipulator and she is already half "done".

3. SurfinBear said:

thanks. been getting this nagging feeling that something wasn't right...

now at least I know for sure. beats finding out now than after we're married.

hvala (one of the few words I know)
    jeff

twer said:

I read the text again and I'm not sure if he's really in love or just faking... He wrote very beautiful lines, like a passage taken from a book. And no doubts that she likes it... and that she misses her Bosnian friend(s)...good luck!

5. SurfinBear said:

well, i confronted her about the conversation and the whole thing and she finally admitted that they've been flirting since the start of the year... but she loves me and doesn't want to loose me... don't know what that's all about.

apparently it's a mix of poetry and song lyrics... they like to send each other little YouTube videos expressing how the "like" each other... she says it's just a stupid crush that got out of control and couldn't find a way to cut off...

again, hvala lijepa.
    jeff