"The Monarch"

Thread: "The Monarch"

Tags: None

BackInBlack said:

Default "The Monarch"

*A note from hell: Here is a strange one for you ladies and gents. I hope you like it. Imagine a Doors sort of vibe...

He slips out into the night
    A camera steals his reflection
    When conditions are right
    His mind plugs into the connection

Something comes right through, comes right through
    Like a tuning fork staying true, like a brain in a room
    Under the glass dome where the monarch makes it's home

She sleeps in an ivory tower
    Satin sheets on her four post bed
    The clock strikes the hour
    And as she dreams all in red...

In the land of Oz
    No one cares because
    Everyone is lost...
    And everyone's alone
    But M.y K.ind's Ultra
    The last monarch to make it's way home...

The Monarch has made it's way home

Doug Denslowe said:

I Overlooked this........purposely.Just kidding.Like you said;kinda Door-sy. I used to see Jim Morrison go into long boring talks/poetry reciting,you make the call,during a great Doors song.He'd lay on the stage or be too drunk to play.........I walked out on them more than once.(To be truthful,I may have walked out of every concert I went to with the Doors)Ironicly I went to see the other bands on the bill!(I love the recording of the Doors,even the live ones,but you can see,many lame songs or long boring sections.)

Jim Colyer said:

Your lyrics are deep, dark and highly imaginative. Being a simple man from the south, I'm not sure I understand them.
    Jim Colyer Girl albums

BackInBlack said:

Thanks Doug. I think. Lol. Um... I really don't listen to any of the Doors' live performances. I like a lotta songs from their studio albums though. This song is actually about MK Ultra. It's a song within a song. When I said Doors sort of vibe, I actually meant the musical aspect of the Doors and not Jim's vocals.

BackInBlack said:

Thank you Jim. I'm sorry if my lyrics are hard to understand. I've never been one for simplicity. Not that simplicity is bad, I'm sure in the larger scheme of things whilst trying to reach broader audiences, simplicity is key. Look to my reply to Doug for a half arsed explanation on the meaning of this song

Teshka said:

I think this is really great! The only thing that I really 'know' about Jim Morrison is Val Kilmer but I can get kind of a slow moody metal-ish feel from this....this isn't quite right but maybe smth like Wherever I May Roam by Metallica.....but my mind also wants to mix this up with some cloudish memories of an underground House music John Digweed kind of thing that I went to sometime around 2003. Anyway I'm just trying to say that I can really get into this
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

BackInBlack said:

Thanks Teshka. Your input is always welcome and well pondered.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by BackInBlack View Post
    Thanks Doug. I think. Lol. Um... I really don't listen to any of the Doors' live performances. I like a lotta songs from their studio albums though. This song is actually about MK Ultra. It's a song within a song. When I said Doors sort of vibe, I actually meant the musical aspect of the Doors and not Jim's vocals.
    Regarding the Doors live performances on record............good choice!Their studo stuff is where they shined.I have a ton of Doors stuff due to the fact I walk a lot and need something to listen to while I walk.