Song heard in Pub

Thread: Song heard in Pub

Tags: None
  1. voodoo_nova said:

Default Song heard in Pub

I heard this song in a pub that was playing a pop/alternative rock playlist in Canada a few weeks ago. This tune has been floating around my head rarely for the past couple of years.

Unfortunately all I caught was the the tail, bitter end of the song. I'm guessing that it's an alternative rock song (90s, early 2000s maybe) since that's what the rest of their playlist was playing. Although the other songs were mostly easily identifiable hits, I haven't been able to ID this song from the lyrics I heard.

It's a slow, sad, and melancholy tune and the only lyrics I could catch were "Take you away" at the end. I don't think it was a big hit (no, it's not Soundgarden, Aerosmith, or Puddle of Mudd). It resembled Jane's Addiction, or the Pixies.

I've tried to search the song by that lyric on Google, nothing so far. I know, it's not a lot to go on

PS There may be a higher than normal chance it's a Canadian band

Thanks!

2. voodoo_nova said:

Bump?

atmaestro said:

Not much to go on...
    The following Canadian bands have songs titled, "Take You Away":

Steel River, Lucero, K.Maro
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

4. voodoo_nova said:

Not it, sorry atmaster We can't be 100% sure that the lyrics I heard were also the song title.

Can anyone else think of an alt rock song that may have similar lyrics? Maybe I misheard slightly?

5. Th3Diplomat said:

6. voodoo_nova said:

useless link

7. Th3Diplomat said:

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_nova View Post
    useless link
    good luck