"Your eyes" - post punk song published around 1990-95, with 1950's guitars - artist?

Thread: "Your eyes" - post punk song published around 1990-95, with 1950's guitars - artist?

Tags: None
  1. flangersound said:

Default "Your eyes" - post punk song published around 1990-95, with 1950's guitars - artist?

Hi,

Could anyone please help me to find the artist of this song? It is a bit special... kind of alternative rock, not very well known.
    I first heard the song around 1990-95 in Germany and I remember that at that time it was a new release. I am not quite sure if the singer (man) was native English speaker or if the band came from some European country. The title was "Your eyes", and the song had a strong pulsating guitar rhythm... this is all I remember. Hope this helps to find it. Thanks a lot.

atmaestro said:

Are you thinking of Peter Gabriel's song, "In Your Eyes" (1986)?
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. flangersound said:

Quote Originally Posted by atmaster View Post
    Are you thinking of Peter Gabriel's song, "In Your Eyes" (1986)?
    The one I mean is just called "Your eyes", and it should have been released a bit later than 1986. I remember that the band was rather unknown, some kind of underground music. Not a well known artist like Peter Gabriel. The song was part of a vinyl LP which was full of rock music with 50s sound guitars. I have never heard of that band again. Maybe they only existed for a short time.

atmaestro said:

Next wild guess is "Your Eyes" by Simply Red (~ 1996)
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title