Help Identify Song

Thread: Help Identify Song

Tags: None
  1. Teresa Daugherty said:

Default Help Identify Song

Trying to find a song from maybe late 70s or early 80's about a telephone operator whose trying to help a guy find his love . He is giving a number that is possibly no longer in use . It's a slow love/ sad song and you can actually hear the operator dialing the number and I think she asks him to put in another dime (not 100% about this part though)? He really is trying to locate her because he wants back in touch .... It's not ELO Telephone line and not Operator by Jim Croce ... HELP !!!!!!! I want this song.

2. Claybricks said:

??

RAH Band - Clouds Across The Moon {1985}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4R97AeM6IE

Dan

3. Teresa Daugherty said:

Thanks for trying It's not the song.... it's a love song and the operator is a woman

4. wurzlsepp said:

How about this song? Although the story differs from your description: Paul Evans - Hello, This Is Joannie

5. bugmenot1 said:

This song is from the early 70's, but it comes close to your description. You can hear the operator near the end of the song.

"Echo Valley 2-6809" by The Partridge Family
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu0sdWBFa3Q

atmaestro said:

Try "Sylvia's Mother (Mrs. Avery)" by Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show

Throughout the phone conversation, an operator says "40 cents more for the next three minutes"
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

7. Teresa Daugherty said:

Thank you so much for trying but I remember an operator actually was on the line she wasn't on for long but in the beginning she was on trying to dial the number for him which was no longer available

8. wurzlsepp said:

Take a look at this search results. Some of the songs fits more or less to your description: