Problems trying to register + no response to contact us

Thread: Problems trying to register + no response to contact us

Tags: None
  1. tstdmy said:

Default Problems trying to register + no response to contact us

Registration problem (fixed now?) - It took about a week before I could register with this forum. The problem was that the process to register would just stop mid way. At first, I could get through the information page, then complete the are you a human game, but then nothing or a server error like 505 (not sure). I tried again about once or twice a day until the problem was that the game never started, instead taking me back to a screen that stated the game had not been played. I waited a couple more days, and finally the registration process worked and I was able to join. I don't know if this was a one time issue or if it's an intermittent problem.

Contact us problem (don't know if this is fixed) - After my first attempt to register, I went to the contact us page, filled out the form to explain the problem, did the are you a human game, and in this case, it indicated that the game had been completed, and my contact us had been submitted, but I never got a response. During the week while I was trying to join, I think submitted one more contact us message, but never got a response for either of the two messages. I don't know if this is a problem or just a forum software (vbulletin?) feature that isn't supported here.

As mentioned I was able to join. This forum got high ratings for music type questions.

+Technist Barrier- said:

+At the registration page before I registered, there was just the username, password, email, a random question, a check box for agreeing to terms of use and privacy, a confirm password, and confirm email address. I did all that. Then I clicked 'register' and it reloaded the page with another random question. This happened several times, each with a different question. "We don't like spammers. Do you?" "What is the last letter of this websites logo from the left?" I kept filling everything back in and I kept answering the question and rechecking the check-box. But I finally got into this non-linear forum and got to look at different amazing lyrics made by others. -
    Last edited by +Technist Barrier-; 02-04-2015 at 06:00 AM.
    +To imagine is everything, to know is nothing at all.>A.France
    Oh yeah, I forgot, and always expect the unexpected. -

Tania ATL said:

I'm sorry that registration page was difficult for you. It was meant to be difficult for spammer bots not ordinary users We've changed registration forms, now it looks different, I hope it's easier to get through.

As to "Contact Us" form - there were no feedback letters with issue that you described. We'll test it.

4. tstdmy said:

The issue wasn't difficulty, there was a problem with the registration process, at first I would complete the are you a human game, click on continue, and then I would get a server error 505 (I think that was the error code). I tried a few times each day, and after a few days, the are you a human game would not launch at all. I waited for a couple of days or so before trying to register again. After 5 to 7 days, it seemed the problem(s) went away and I was able to register.

I think I sent two or three contact us feedback letters, but this was during the time the registration process had problems, so maybe the contact us process also had problems. Since I was eventually able to register, there was no need for me to try the contact us again, but as you mentioned, it would be a good idea to test it to see if it's working now.

+Technist Barrier- said:

+@Tania I didn't get a 'are you a human game'. When did you add it to the registration? I registered around the last day of 2014 or the first day of 2015. I didn't get any games.-
    Last edited by +Technist Barrier-; 02-04-2015 at 06:00 AM.

6. tstdmy said:

Quote Originally Posted by +Technist Barrier- View Post
    I didn't get a 'are you a human game'. When did you add it to the registration? I registered around the last day of 2014 or the first day of 2015. I didn't get any games.
    It's possible that no one at this forum caused this change, but instead it was an automated change made by the software that determines if there's a real person interfacing with the web site. The "game" just involves clicking and dragging moving objects onto stationary objects that are related, like two moving shoes of different colors being onto stationary matching shoes in a small animated image, which then enables a "continue" button. As mentioned, I was getting server error after "continue", then no "game" would appear, then about a week later it worked. It's still possible that it's an ongoing but intermittent bug, but it will take an administrator here to test for registration and contact us problems.

Tania ATL said:

tstdmy, "Are you a human" game was added to registration process quite recently and it seems that you were an unfortunate tester. Now it should work just fine. As to 'Contact Us' problem - we're checking it right now.
    Last edited by Tania ATL; 02-04-2015 at 09:39 AM. Reason: correcting misspelled

+Technist Barrier- said:

+LOL
    I get what Tania is saying.

So 'tstdmy' what do you want to do in this non-linear forum.-
    Last edited by +Technist Barrier-; 02-04-2015 at 05:17 AM.

9. tstdmy said:

Quote Originally Posted by +Technist Barrier- View Post
    I get what Tania is saying.
    So 'tstdmy' what do you want to do in this non-linear forum.-
    Besides being an "unfortunate tester"? I was originally trying to find a song based on a vague description from my wife ("lady raps while driving car"), but during the week or so while I was having problems trying to register here, I saw the spot on TV (our dvr happened to record it) and knew the the song already (Blondie - Rapture). Still I wanted to register since there may be other songs and/or lyrics that I (or my wife) would be looking for, and this forum got a high rating for this when I did a search for "find name of song". So I continued trying the registration and finally it worked. I've also been browsing through "identify it".

+Technist Barrier- said:

+ if you can't find songs in the all the lyrics.com (not the forum), go to the forum and post a thread in the lyrics request and work something out...-