SOLVED:Two 70s easy listening instrumentals (with YouTube link)

Thread: SOLVED:Two 70s easy listening instrumentals (with YouTube link)

Tags: 70s, easy listening, flute, instrumental
  1. parlance said:

Default SOLVED:Two 70s easy listening instrumentals (with YouTube link)

Hello, I'm new to the forum. Can anyone help me identify these two instrumentals I remember as a child that I hummed into my phone?

https://youtu.be/vu1Ojw9w-7w

They're definitely in the easy listening category, and I believe both are from the 70s, but may be from the late 60s. They both have flute in them. Copying what I wrote at YouTube:

I have no idea where the first comes from. So I'm starting with the "chorus."

I remember the second one played in some kind of vacuuming/cleaning product commercial in the 70s, but it didn't originate with that. I forget the very first few bars, so I start in the middle of with what I think was the 2nd or 3rd verse going into the chorus.

Pardon my singing. I probably should have warmed up a bit, but it's pretty accurate and in the correct key. :-)

Thanks in advance,
    parlance

atmaestro said:

The second one sort of reminds me of the theme music from the TV show "I Dream of Jeanie"
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. parlance said:

Definitely not that.

parlance

atmaestro said:

Next wild guess at song #2 is "Up, Up and Away" by The Fifth Dimension

atmaestro said:

For the first song, try "Theme of Exodus" by Ernest Gold (covered by Ferrante and Teicher)

6. parlance said:

Thanks, atmaster but no to either. The first is peppier and not nearly as majestic as that theme.

As for the second, it's an instrumental and slower in tempo so definitely not Up and Away.

parlance

Edward Longly said:

Voice nice...
    I mean no "nice" but "sweet nice"
    Songs... more like Endless love (but it's not).
    Wow!

8. parlance said:

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Longly View Post
    Voice nice...
    I mean no "nice" but "sweet nice"
    Thanks! :-)

parlance

9. parlance said:

In case anyone was wondering, I *finally* found the song, 40 years later. It's "Bellavia" by Chuck Mangione.

http://youtu.be/W0sLhtFi4ZI

Quote Originally Posted by parlance View Post
    Hello, I'm new to the forum. Can anyone help me identify these two instrumentals I remember as a child that I hummed into my phone?

https://youtu.be/vu1Ojw9w-7w

They're definitely in the easy listening category, and I believe both are from the 70s, but may be from the late 60s. They both have flute in them. Copying what I wrote at YouTube:

I have no idea where the first comes from. So I'm starting with the "chorus."

I remember the second one played in some kind of vacuuming/cleaning product commercial in the 70s, but it didn't originate with that. I forget the very first few bars, so I start in the middle of with what I think was the 2nd or 3rd verse going into the chorus.

Pardon my singing. I probably should have warmed up a bit, but it's pretty accurate and in the correct key. :-)

Thanks in advance,
    parlance

10. parlance said:

Hello again -

Super random to remember after all these years, but when this came up in my Facebook memories, I realized that there were two instrumentals I sang in the YouTube video, and I finally solved the second one. The second one is called , and it was played in a 70s Airwick Carpet Cleaner commercial, which is where I first heard it. Just posting for posterity.

parlance