Video Montage Song from AFV S21E04 (Or S21E05)

Thread: Video Montage Song from AFV S21E04 (Or S21E05)

Tags: afv, everything's alright, lyrics
  1. Oshikorosu said:

Default Video Montage Song from AFV S21E04 (Or S21E05)

Hallo!

This has been driving me up the wall since I heard it. Here's some information;

- Song Title: Unknown.
    - Where I found the song: America's Funneist Videos (AFV) on Canadian Netflix. S21E04, about 3/4 the way in for a video montage. If you look on YouTube, it's labelled as S21E05 found at the following URL (Timestamped: https://youtu.be/-roBf-sgWWE?list=PL...arku69d&t=1829)
    - Language: English.
    - Genre: Feel-Good, Acoustic type of new-age folk..? (Just trying to help, but I may be causing more confusion!)
    - Tempo: Upbeat.
    - Vocals: Male group.
    - Other: I noticed listening to the music the other day that the singers sound like they could definitely have an accent, and are singing in an Americanized accent rather than what would appear to be their native accent. ...If that made any sense!
    - Best Estimate at some Lyrics:

"I woke up feeling blue
    "And I opened up my eyes, and I saw you, doo-doo~

"You make words come out and sing,
    "You bring sunshine to my brain when it rains, and I'm just sayin'.

Chorus
    "When I'm with you everything's alright,
    "And if you smile the sun comes out at night.
    "It's sounds simple but it's true: I wanna spend time with you,
    "Just when I look out of sight, everything's alright.

Scat filler
    Doo doo doo, doo doo doo, doo-do-do-do~

Chorus
    "And if you smile the sun comes out at night.
    "It's so simple but it's true: I wanna spend time with you,
    ___________ out of sight, everything's alright.

Anyways, any help finding this song would be nice. I've been looking for a few days across Google and Lyric websites for song titles like, "Everything's Alright" (imagine my horror and the incredulous amounts of listings) and using search queries like, "I woke up feeling blue" (only to find depression topics and nightmares!) I also checked the credits at the end of the show for some form of indication but there were no music credits, and even checked IMDB to see if it was listed there, which I didn't see.. Orz..

Figured a place like this might just be the best place. Hopefully I've provided enough information! Thanks for taking the time to read. ^^
    Last edited by Oshikorosu; 05-21-2015 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Updated the chorus lyrics with some assisted input from jp12345

2. jp12345 said:

I believe this is the chorus:

"And it feels like the sun comes out at night.
    "It sounds simple but it's true: I wanna spend time with you,
    "Just when I look out of sight, everything's alright.

The likely title is worse than you realize because it can be spelled so many ways. "Everything's Alright/All Right/Allright/All Rite".

atmaestro said:

This is a toughie...
    I have been down at least 17 different rabbit holes assuming the song title is contained within the lyrics but with no luck.
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

4. Oshikorosu said:

Quote Originally Posted by atmaster View Post
    This is a toughie...
    I have been down at least 17 different rabbit holes assuming the song title is contained within the lyrics but with no luck.
    I know, right!? At least this is providing a bit of a challenge. The song sounds real nice, and I'd love to listen to it in its entirety. ...Maybe I have to write them to figure it out? I doubt I'd go that far, but still.

Thanks for all of the time and help in looking for this so far. Perhaps we should rename it to, "Ultimate Song Lookup Challenge" or something crazy with some beautiful buzz words. Orz..

I'll keep looking, but I feel kind of doubtful. As mentioned, the song combination and grammar / word utilization is an awful combination to try and search for on the internet.

I wonder if the possibility lies within it being a small indie band that sent in their sample for some free publicity. Not sure if that sort of thing even happens.. Anyways, thanks again. ♥

5. shaws2500 said:

The song is called "Everything's All Right" by "The Kolab". I've searched far and wide for this song also. I do have a one minute sample of it. https://clyp.it/zhgq2bfd

Any success on this?
    File_000.jpg

6. Oshikorosu said:

No, but I would love that Sample!

7. shaws2500 said:

atmaestro said:

I can only find two albums by Kolab, "Thieves of Change" and "A Dark Hour for History".
    However, track listings do not included a song titled "Everything's All Right".
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

9. shaws2500 said:

That Kolab is a different band from New Zealand. I've messaged them directly on Facebook. They confirmed the song in question is not their song.

10. shaws2500 said:

UPDATE:
    Full song is on SoundCloud.
    https://m.soundcloud.com/riptidemusi...ings-all-right

11. username7 said:

Hey, I just found this thread cause the guy who made it is a streamer, and I was watching one of his VODs where he mentioned it. I thought it was a cool story, so I wanted to mention it in the thread itself.

https://youtu.be/d6K2dfMNJFU?t=5734
    At 1:35:34 (the link above is timestamped for it) he starts singing the song, but he really started singing it earlier at 1:34:49 when he died to something in the game, and started saying "I messed up" to the tune of the song.

At 1:36:44 he reads a message in chat about someone not recognizing the song, and he tells the story of it, and this thread. He said someone reached out to him on twitter about it, cause he had a matching name there, just to tell him that the song got sourced, and uploaded. He said the person didn't even say that they were the one who sourced it.

He finishes playing it, and talking about it by 1:45:13. He really appreciated the whole thing, and listens to the song "nonstop". I just thought it was really nice.