Hi I'm new to the community

Thread: Hi I'm new to the community

Tags: persian to english
  1. Sarah30 said:

Default Hi I'm new to the community

Please may someone help me translate this from Persian to English
    Salam its me sheida
    man facebook nadaram I'm using his Facebook inbox me your number miss you
    akharin bar ke call kardi dashti mirafti paris bad gofti i call u and u didn't
    kodom gori hastiii :w hame chi okeye azizam
    man birmingham dige nistam x

2. Sarah30 said:

?????????

Amethystos said:

Welcome on ATL Sarah30

Thread moved on Persian Translations section but still a link will be found on "Hello am new".
    "Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find that life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping"

4. Sarah30 said:

Hi I have found it lol can you translate this or no someone who can I found this message and wanted to no what it said as I don't speak Persian my partner does ?? Please help me 😁 thank you very much

5. Zunera said:

Hi Sara
    I'm trying to learn persian N I can make out tiny translations.
    I'm just gonna translate this for you as I understand it just for fun. So when someone actually does translate it, then I can compare to how good I did.
    hope you don't mind.
    it says: I don't have facebook, when I called you last time I was off to Paris, I called you n you didn't call where were you (something like that) everything is ok I'm not going to Birmingham.
    I hope I didn't mess this up

afsaneh said:

Good translation zunera I corrected your translations, the ones in the parenthesis are the ones I corrected:

man facebook nadaram ---------I don't have facebook,
    I'm using his Facebook ---------(man az Facebooke oo estefade mikonam)
    inbox me your number --------- (shomarato baram sms kon)
    miss you ------------------------- (delam barat tang shode)
    akharin bar ke call kardi dashti mirafti paris ----- when (you) called (me) last time (you were going) to Paris,
    bad gofti i call u and u didn't ---------------------- (then you said) I’ll call you n you didn't call)
    kodom gori hastiii :w ------------------------------ (where the hell are you?)
    hame chi okeye azizam ----------------------------- everything is ok (my love)
    I'm not going to Birmingham. ---------------------- (man be Birmingham nemiram.)
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare

7. Zunera said:

Quote Originally Posted by afsaneh View Post
    Good translation zunera I corrected your translations, the ones in the parenthesis are the ones I corrected:

man facebook nadaram ---------I don't have facebook,
    I'm using his Facebook ---------(man az Facebooke oo estefade mikonam)
    inbox me your number --------- (shomarato baram sms kon)
    miss you ------------------------- (delam barat tang shode)
    akharin bar ke call kardi dashti mirafti paris ----- when (you) called (me) last time (you were going) to Paris,
    bad gofti i call u and u didn't ---------------------- (then you said) I’ll call you n you didn't call)
    kodom gori hastiii :w ------------------------------ (where the hell are you?)
    hame chi okeye azizam ----------------------------- everything is ok (my love)
    I'm not going to Birmingham. ---------------------- (man be Birmingham nemiram.)
    I had my doubts about kodom gori hasti... I know that Gor means grave but I thought why would someone say that??
    I mean who says where in the grave are you? but now I have learned a new phrase n I'm gonna use it on my friends
    and I thought "man birmingham dige nistam" was alright ( it sounded alright in my mind), so is it not correct?

afsaneh said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zunera View Post
    and I thought "man birmingham dige nistam" was alright ( it sounded alright in my mind), so is it not correct?
    oops, I made a mistake here, like that i translated your translation, it's getting pretty confusing

man birmingham dige nistam----------------- I'm not in Birmingham anymore

dige, (digar) means anymore here
    here we don't have anything meaning "going to"
    Shakespeare

9. Sarah30 said:

Default Thank you all

Thank you for your replys I have another one to be translated from my partner to me.....
    Zendegio Dooset daram vaghti toh has to. Asemoono dooset daram ta vaghti ke toh mah hasti.
    Eshgho Dooset daram ta vaghti ke eshgham toh bashi.

Kheily dooset daram eshgham.
    Arezoom ineke harchi zoodtar bebinamet zendegim.
    Toh ghalbe mani Moran.

Thanks for all your help xxx

oops, I made a mistake here, like that i translated your translation, it's getting pretty confusing

10. Zunera said:

Ha! I got to you so this means that after some time either I will learn Farsi or you will forget it
    n now that you've said it, it makes more sense. N I should have known dige ( donya dige mesle to nadare I know that song, don't I?)
    so who's up for round two?

hey Sarah
    I'm gonna try my hand at it again if you don't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah30 View Post
    Thank you for your replys I have another one to be translated from my partner to me.....
    Zendegio Dooset daram vaghti toh has to. Asemoono dooset daram ta vaghti ke toh mah hasti.
    Eshgho Dooset daram ta vaghti ke eshgham toh bashi.

Kheily dooset daram eshgham.
    Arezoom ineke harchi zoodtar bebinamet zendegim.
    Toh ghalbe mani Moran.

Thanks for all your help xxx
    so this sounds more like poetry to me n I'm not getting it but I'm still gonna try.
    It says I love life when I'm wth you, I love the sky when (or until) you're the moon
    I love, love when I love you.
    I love you a lot my love.
    I wish you get everything in life. ( either that or I wish I'd see you soon in life)
    you are my heart.

There. Now I've done n I can't undo it.
    Afsaneh

afsaneh said:

It says I love life when I'm wth you, I love the sky when (or until) you're the moon
    I love, love when I love you.
    I love you a lot my love.
    I wish you get everything in life. ( either that or I wish I'd see you soon in life)
    you are my heart.
    Very good Zunera, you get an A here
    just one thing:
    "I wish I'd see you soon, my life" is correct, not the first sentence.
    Shakespeare

12. Zunera said:

Very good Zunera, you get an A here
    just one thing:
    "I wish I'd see you soon, my life" is correct, not the first sentence.
    REALLY???
    that is so cool I've impressed myself
    I wish my spoken Farsi makes as good a progress soon. I want to take a moment n dance a little cause this makes me happy

13. Sarah30 said:

Hey that's great thank you the first bit was a poem my fiancé said and the bottom was the end of our letter he sent me and told me to traslate it as I keep finding quotes in Persian to send him.
    Persian are so loving and their words of are so beautiful and from the heart.
    Have you any beautiful things I can write back to him he's my everything my whole life and we are to marry as soon as he's comes back home he's such a wonderful man xxx

REALLY???
    that is so cool I've impressed myself
    I wish my spoken Farsi makes as good a progress soon. I want to take a moment n dance a little cause this makes me happy

14. Zunera said:

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah30 View Post
    Hey that's great thank you the first bit was a poem my fiancé said and the bottom was the end of our letter he sent me and told me to traslate it as I keep finding quotes in Persian to send him.
    Persian are so loving and their words of are so beautiful and from the heart.
    Have you any beautiful things I can write back to him he's my everything my whole life and we are to marry as soon as he's comes back home he's such a wonderful man xxx
    Sorry Sarah I can't help you there, I suck at sentence making. You could send him some poetry. Or just wait for Afsaneh, I'm sure she'll help.