"Come Wormwood" (Life's No Fairy Tale)

Thread: "Come Wormwood" (Life's No Fairy Tale)

Tags: None

BackInBlack said:

Default "Come Wormwood" (Life's No Fairy Tale)

Such a lovely disaster
    Is the life I was granted
    No happily ever after
    Can save me now can it?

Because life's no fairy tale
    Life's a b1tch and then you die
    I always seem to fail
    And I'm tired of eating Humble Pie

I'm so sick I could vomit
    Where is that devastating comet?

Come Wormwood
    Or come what may

Such an epic irony
    Is the life I've lead so far
    I know you get tired of me
    Being so dark of heart

But life's no fairy tale
    I always seem to fail

Come Wormwood
    Or come what may
    Maybe I'm just misunderstood
    Or maybe I'm just insane

Probably I'm gone
    Probably I'm off my rocker
    If that's the truth I know
    It probably isn't a shocker

Because life's no fairy tale
    I always seem to fail

Come Wormwood
    Or come what may
    Maybe I'm just misunderstood
    Or maybe I'm just insane

Doug Denslowe said:

When I come back to visit this site,you are one of the few people I bother to read.Why?Because you have talent and I'm not wasting my time!
    This one I especially like the refrain,the lyrics,are good......but of course.Im glad you still have the desire to write........I'm playing with a band that hasn't even heard any of my songs.......but the ones we do play are great,so I can't complain.When you're a drummer,your credibility is always in doubt,oh well...........

3. ElegantButler said:

Well written. It could actually lend itself to at least two distinctive musical genres (metal and country. heck, you could invent the country-metal genre with it if someone else hasn't done that already).

4. orsen said:

LOL, where is that devastating comet, great line

BackInBlack said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    When I come back to visit this site,you are one of the few people I bother to read.Why?Because you have talent and I'm not wasting my time!
    This one I especially like the refrain,the lyrics,are good......but of course.Im glad you still have the desire to write........I'm playing with a band that hasn't even heard any of my songs.......but the ones we do play are great,so I can't complain.When you're a drummer,your credibility is always in doubt,oh well...........
    Thanks Doug. I appreciate that. As for drummers having no credit. I don't know. I've never been in a band. But I do know that Dave Grohl didn't really get any credit until he stepped out from behind the drum set and stepped up to the mic with a guitar. Kinda sad because he was and is a hell of a drummer. I can think of a few who did well behind the drum set... Phil Collins and Don Henley to be specific.

BackInBlack said:

Quote Originally Posted by ElegantButler View Post
    Well written. It could actually lend itself to at least two distinctive musical genres (metal and country. heck, you could invent the country-metal genre with it if someone else hasn't done that already).
    Thank you ElegantButler. I appreciate that. Yeah, I agree, it could be both. In an outlaw sense.

BackInBlack said:

Quote Originally Posted by orsen View Post
    LOL, where is that devastating comet, great line
    Thank you orsen.

Frankie Jasmine said:

BackinBlack, You don't know me, but I'd like to add to this discussion. I'm more a poet than a songwriter. I was pulled in right away by your poetry. High level; I'm impressed. One full stanza falls shorter of the rest of your song--the one that begins, "Probably I'm gone ..." That line is good; the next three fall off. I only mention this because your song overall is well done; inside of you is something better begging to come out... I can almost hear it!