Amethystos - your opinion on this music for Kazantzakis' ASKITIKI ????

Thread: Amethystos - your opinion on this music for Kazantzakis' ASKITIKI ????

Tags: None

David Halitsky said:

Default Amethystos - your opinion on this music for Kazantzakis' ASKITIKI ????

Amethystos -

I would never have thought this music such as this and a video such as this could work to accompany one of Kazantzakis' deepest works, but somehow they do (in my opinion).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IOnAeEksxk

What do you think? Are the music and video appropriate? Or do they cheapen Kazantzakis' work?

Also, if you can give me a link for an on-line GREEK version of ASKITIKI, I would be very grateful. There is full on-line version of the Kimon Friar translation (he was, as you know, the primary translator of Kazantzakis - there really is no other worth reading ...)

Amethystos said:

Hi David

1. Since I never read the book (even if I have a copy ) I have no opinion about it.
    Personally I hate this kind of presentations, I simply can't focus on the subject and so I can't learn a thing while watching them.
    So I'm just not the guy to talk about the "right music" on this.

2. Even if probably nearly all Greeks don't know his name, I believe that Kimon Friar has done a great work to support Greece's heritage.

3. A copy of Askitiki in Greek huh .... Why don't you look here -> http://www.mediafire.com/download/m5...s-Askhtikh.pdf
    I surely didn't check the whole book but it should be all right.

See ya!
    "Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find that life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping"

David Halitsky said:

I will check the link later - it's blocked at work ... thank you for your opinion ... you agree with my sister. She wanted to know if I had gone crazy ...

David Halitsky said:

Yes - that link worked for me. Thank you so much again, Amethystos.