Mostly instrumental Song 90s....manybe 80s? {SCROLL DOWN TO LATEST POST!}

Thread: Mostly instrumental Song 90s....manybe 80s? {SCROLL DOWN TO LATEST POST!}

Tags: None
  1. dwsiddall said:

Default Mostly instrumental song 90s....manybe 80s?

This is a song heard in a store over their music system in 2000-2002.

Strong beat. Mostly instrumental....except for a few time where a guy speaks a few lines. Sketchy memory, but I remember his saying "North South East West"...although it could have been in a different order. And I think he says "Let's go get Sally"....but that could be totally wrong!

This song is driven by a piano riff (repeating over and over). I tried to record it as I remember it ... Dropbox link below.

Been looking for this one since 2002. I will be forever indebted to anyone who can help with this! This is my last "holy grail" This forum has been so great at helping me find songs.

The basic melody (piano riff that runs through the entire song:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1gmjmho2l...Clip2.m4a?dl=0
    Last edited by dwsiddall; 02-27-2017 at 01:15 PM. Reason: omission, misspelling

2. dwsiddall said:

The group has the right sound and it's the right era, but sadly not the song. I am checking out their other songs in case because they do sound so much like the style I remember.

Thanks so much!

-Daniel
    Last edited by dwsiddall; 08-12-2015 at 08:35 PM. Reason: typos

3. dwsiddall said:

CLARIFYING: Strong beat....almost hip-hop-ish drums...BUT NOT REALLY. Kinda funky, but really more urban. When the guy speaks, it is done in that compressed sound....like you're hearing him over the telephone.....know what I mean? And it's spoken in cadence: "North South East West....da da Da da DA da DA...."

Definitely has a sound that makes me think 90s.....could be 80s but they would have had to be very progressive because it has a crisp, 90s sound. Could be 2000 or 2001 I suppose....I say that because I heard it around 2002, so has to be from before that.

Help me find my LAST holy grail. You guys are GREAT!!!!
    Last edited by dwsiddall; 10-25-2016 at 11:13 AM. Reason: omissions

4. dwsiddall said:

This one is going to drive me crazy! I feel like I am so close!

5. dwsiddall said:

This is my last holy grail and after I figure this one out, I can die in peace!
    Last edited by dwsiddall; 10-25-2016 at 11:13 AM.

6. jp12345 said:

Marvin and Tamara - North, South, East, West ?

There's quite a few songs with that title on YouTube. Have you listened to all of them?

7. dwsiddall said:

Thank you, yes, I have. I have been looking for this song since 2002. I have Google and Googled and Googled. Sometimes I let it sit for awhile (6 months or a year) and then try again.

I am not convinced the title of the song is North South East West.....

Also, the song I'm looking for is an instrumental. There are only two or three lines of spoken dialog and no singing.

8. dwsiddall said:

I am continuing to look for this one. To me, it sounds very much like Stereo MCs. That style. I am hoping someone will read this and have a memory of the tune.
    Last edited by dwsiddall; 10-25-2016 at 11:14 AM.

9. dwsiddall said:

Thank you so much for this suggestion! Unfortunately it is not it. The search continues....

10. dwsiddall said:

This song is driving me crazy! Still looking.
    Last edited by dwsiddall; 10-25-2016 at 11:14 AM.

11. dwsiddall said:

This song has been on my mind for about 15 years! It's dance/trance/trip-hoppish. But remember, it's mostly instrumental....just a few spoken lines.
    Last edited by dwsiddall; 10-25-2016 at 11:15 AM.

12. dwsiddall said:

Bumping again so that maybe someone who remembers this song will see it and answer.

Thanks again to all who have tried to help!! It is much appreciated.

13. dwsiddall said:

Default Still looking

Here (and in the original post) is a clip of the basic melody....the piano riff that runs through the whole song....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1gmjmho2l...Clip2.m4a?dl=0

14. dwsiddall said:

Bumping this hoping someone will recognize this tune.....I have been looking since 2002!

Thanks!!

15. dwsiddall said:

Bumping hoping someone will recognize this.....

16. dwsiddall said:

Been a while....another bump. Somebody besides me has to have heard this song!

Thanks for the effort!

17. dwsiddall said:

Default Bumping One year later

Bumping after a year hoping this will ring a bell with someone.....

Quote Originally Posted by dwsiddall View Post
    Been a while....another bump. Somebody besides me has to have heard this song!

Thanks for the effort!

18. dwsiddall said:

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot1 View Post
    "Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia)" by US3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwBjhBL9G6U
    Thank you. You are so very kind to respond and try to help me find this song. However, this song has lyrics and a singer. The song I search for is instrumental, with only a few spoken lines.

The search continues...