Obscure song

Thread: Obscure song

Tags: None
  1. Begonia313 said:

Default Obscure song

This is a stretch... I need help remembering this REALLY obscure song. I feel like it's from the late 90's, it's either entirely or almost entirely a guy speaking, telling a story over music. There may or may not be a short chorus that is sung by someone else in between the spoken verses. I feel like somewhere in this "song" he says the words "outside the city," but as far as lyrics go, that's all I've got and I'm not even 100% on that. I can hear the guy's voice in my head, though... fairly deep and almost country-sounding - and the pace is fairly slow too.

I feel like I can almost remember but it's just beyond my grasp. Any suggestions for possible search terms, artists, titles, etc. would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me nuts! I'm even beginning to wonder if it really exists lol

shirooto said:

Nirvana's "Turnaround?" (1993)

3. z_b444 said:

could you be thinking of poe's "hey pretty"?

4. Findjenna said:

Default Talking song

Quote Originally Posted by Begonia313 View Post
    This is a stretch... I need help remembering this REALLY obscure song. I feel like it's from the late 90's, it's either entirely or almost entirely a guy speaking, telling a story over music. There may or may not be a short chorus that is sung by someone else in between the spoken verses. I feel like somewhere in this "song" he says the words "outside the city," but as far as lyrics go, that's all I've got and I'm not even 100% on that. I can hear the guy's voice in my head, though... fairly deep and almost country-sounding - and the pace is fairly slow too.

I feel like I can almost remember but it's just beyond my grasp. Any suggestions for possible search terms, artists, titles, etc. would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me nuts! I'm even beginning to wonder if it really exists lol
    Is it Shawn Mullen's Lullaby?

5. dagnasty said:

I'm going to go with King Missile - Detachable Penis

6. Halo2298 said:

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think you and I have the same song that we're trying to find. There was a spoken word song that came out in the late 90s... Probably 1997 or 1998 because it was very popular around the time of my graduation.

Anyway, I can't remember hardly any of the song. But I know part of the lyrics was 'Have no regrets. If you find out how to do this, tell me how.' or something very close to that.

7. ladykatykat said:

Everybodys' Free to Wear Sunscreen by Baz Lurhman http://www.lyricscrawler.com/song/3953.html

Theres a Few different Versions of this Song, I have the one with the Female singing in the middle of the song,if you want it, message me
    Last edited by ladykatykat; 03-28-2008 at 02:14 PM.

8. hiumus said:

"Somewhere Down The Crazy River" by Robbie Robertson

9. Cybertooth said:

It could possible be this one:
    I And Love And You by The Avett Brothers.

10. jp12345 said: