Song about a bulldogging or calf roping cowboy

Thread: Song about a bulldogging or calf roping cowboy

Tags: None
  1. titleman said:

Default Song about a bulldogging or calf roping cowboy

Can't remember the artist or any lyrics but the story in the song is about a hotshot cowboy at a rodeo and entered into the calf roping event. He makes his run and scores really low and in his head he is counting his win. Into the grounds pull an old station wagon full of ragtag kids and pulling an old beat up horse trailer. Out steps an old lanky cowboy and leads out an old looking horse. He is entered in the event and the hotshot is wondering if the horse or rider will survive. When he makes his ride he beats the hotshot buy a couple of seconds.

If someone knows this I would be so grateful.
    Last edited by titleman; 05-12-2017 at 08:14 PM.

2. titleman said:

Come on cowboys. Cowboy up and name that tune.

3. omero72 said:

You tell the story quite well but still the clues are insufficient: Where have you seen this music, in a movie or on a video on youtube or sw else? In any case I'd suggest you search the Allmusic.com 's categories that is the country / cowboy music category and try the findings on Youtube. Allmusic's related artists section might help too

4. jp12345 said:

The closest I can find is Tex Morton - Aristocrat. It doesn't mentions kids though. Maybe it will lead you to the correct song.

5. titleman said:

Another year and still looking

6. titleman said:

Over 5 years now. Maybe some new member will recoginze it.